Things that go bump in the night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last Sunday, around 3.00am, I received a call from a 92 year old neighbor who said "my heart is racing". By the time I'd hung up the phone, Chris was out of bed, dressed, over the neighbor's house, and had called 911. They decided to take the old dear into hospital, and she eventually came out this afternoon.

The lady lives alone, having lost her husband 2 years ago. We figured we couldn't leave her (very large) dog, a Griffon named JJ, in the house alone, so we moved him and all his stuff to our house. I'm asthmatic and have allergy issues, so we don't normally allow dogs pets in the house, in addition to the fact that our light carpets would get trashed. Chris bought a large doggy bed, which we put in the (tiled) hallway (same temperature as the rest of the house). Meanwhile, I called a mobile pet groomer and JJ had a long overdue bath and grooming.

JJ has been quite happy to sleep on his temporary bed, and he and I have been enjoying our morning walks. Chris got home from the hospital around 1.00am today and, by the time I'd got off the phone with the neighbor's relatives, we got to bed around 2.30am, both pooped. We had almost fallen asleep when I heard a jingle-jingle (from his collar) that told me JJ was on the move. Shortly afterwards, there was a loud thump in the bedroom. I switched on a light, and realized that JJ had bumped into some furniture, and was now looking me in the eye with his sorry-dog look.

I hopped out of bed, ready to take JJ back to his hallway bed, and he promptly hopped into my place in the bed. Chris and I looked at each other, laughed, and she asked "do you want a divorce honey?" I was reminded of the Flinstones, where Fred puts the pet dinosaur out for the night, Dino runs indoors and locks Fred out, leaving him outside shouting "Wilma!"

This morning I was scheduled for a presentation to a local non-profit group, the founder of which was none other than our neighbor. I told the "real story" of JJ's night-time romps to an audience that knew our neighbor and JJ, and who appreciated the humor.

Attachments

• JJ2.jpg
    JJ2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Dawg_Spaw_Express2.jpg
    Dawg_Spaw_Express2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 89
Aye Ron, is that a 'sorry dog look' or what.

After his owner was settled in following her return from hospital, I took JJ home and he was clearly glad to be in familiar surroundings. Chris was staying the night and, just before I hit the sack, I went over to check on them. The old dear was tucked in bed watching her favorite QVC channel, and Chris and JJ were on top of the covers. That's JJ's normal bed, alongside his owner.

Tom

It sounds to me that Chris ( The Boss ) likes the dog. Well if I was you, I would be nice to JJ or you will be in the doghouse, JJ will be eating your steak and you will be eating Milk Bones Biscuits. Can you please tell  me what flavor you like just in case. :)

Pat ;)

Pat, the owner calls Chris "JJ's other Mommy". He's not quite a pup though - he's full grown and weighs over 100 lbs.

Tom

Just the way I say it Pup, and the over 100lbs that is more for you to love. :)
Your favorite Milk Bone is ???

Pat :)

LOL Pat, I'm sharing JJ's milk bones.

Tom, do a search on this forum, on "dogs."  ::)

Lots of information to help you in your next major decision. Let us know how it all works out.  ::) ::) :D

Ray D  :D ;D

LOL Ray. I can see I'm in for some teasing over this one.

Just remember, Tom. WOOF is a friendly bark; Yap-Yap-Yap means I need something; $%#@*&^% means the dog doesn't like you.  You have good voice Tom, just say Woof.  ;D

carson FL

I can see I'm in for some teasing over this one.

Tom - BIG TIME!!!  ;)

ArdraF

P.S.  Glad your neighbor is okay and back in her own bed along with JJ.

Considering the care and attention that you and Chris are giving the lady, I would say that your neighbor(s) are blessed with some pretty swell neighbors too.

Well, actually I'm thinking that if JJ ever again gets into the Jones home he's going to make a beeline for Tom's bed.  He knows that's the best place in the whole house!  ;)

ArdraF

Maybe you can negotiate a floor pillow with JJ on his next visit.   (Don't count on it.)

Dusty jumped a three foot barricade in the kitchen as a tiny puppy, ran down the hall to our bedroom, and curled up on the floor on Tom's side of the bed.   That's where she slept the rest of her life.  Our kids were shocked  :eek:  as all of our previous dogs had been relagated to a bed in the garage.  

It's worth a try, Tom.   Otherwise it could be JJ in bed and you on the floor?  ;D

Margi

That's very kind of you to say that Lou. What goes around comes around, and hopefully one day, when we're in this situation, we'll have a helping hand extended to us too.

Your neighbor lady is lucky and so is JJ to have you there to lend a hand (or a bed). Just remember, there are lots of hairy kids on petfinder.com looking for homes. You've been dogless for too long.

Wendy
Pismo State Beach

Back
Top Bottom