Favorite Campgrounds on I-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReAnn

My first road trip is from Tucson to Marathon in the Florida Keys.  I-10 all the way to Florida.  I joined Good Sam but other suggestions and 'must see stops' along the way would be much appreciated. 

ReAnn

We just did the Florida to AZ via I10.  One place is right in your backyard, Catalina State Pk.  Oro Valley.  Be a nice first night.  San Antonio is a good stop, especially if you can stay a couple days.  Visit Alamo, and take the water tour.  Do the river walk, try the restaurants. 

You will be just north of Nwlins  New Orleans.  Good stop there.  Destin in Florida.  Along i75, pop off onto Rt 4, take exit 10 and stop at Rally Park.  Trade in RV for rest of trip.  (just kiddin)  This is at Lazy Days, there is a Camping World there, plus next to Tampa and lots to do. 

Here are some places.

buckhorn lake resort
instant phones
I-10 exit 501, N a few hundred yards
TX hill country
big rig friendly
800-568-6458
830-895-0007

Kerville:  www.buckhornlake.com).

An hour west of San Antonio.

Fri, May 7, 1999 11:20:07 PM
Subject: New SUPER park

On our trip through Texas we stopped at a super new RV park called the SPACE CENTER RV PARK on its second day of operation.  It has instant telephone service at every site, cable TV (includes some HBO), pull-through sites, 20/30/50/100 amp power, an exercise room with weight equipment, a group party room, free continental breakfast, all interior roads are blacktop, each site is a cement pad, and wonderful restrooms/showers.

Other items are:  100 amps, each leg of the 50 amp service is a 50 amp circuit instead of two 30 amp circuits.  Each site has TWO telephone plugs so you can use a voice phone simultaneously with an online computer hookup.  Each site has voice mail for your incoming calls via a 24-hour switchboard.  There are special very-large handicapped restrooms with showers.  Daily newspaper delivery possible on a moments notice.

The toll free telephone number is 1-888-TIME4RV and the local number is 1-713-554-8800.  John & Suzanne Burnett are the managers.  Their email is: SCRVP@ FLASH.NET.

It is between Houston and Galveston (Texas) at exit 23 on I-45 in League City, Texas which makes it about 25 miles from either Houston or Galveston.  We visited the Battleship Texas, the Battle of San Jacinto monument, Galveston and the NASA Johnson Space Center.

If you're in the Houston area and want a great RV park with an instant telephone hookup try this park, you'll like it!

Jerry F

El Paso
modem friendly by val g. b.
KOA . this CG has the 1st one of these I've encountered. a
"Video-Machine" you can get E-mail on, and surf the web....@@ $.20 p/min.<g>

Thu, Jul 29, 1999 10:32:06 PM
Paul S

Just wanted to pass along a great overnighter park in New Mexico, just north of El Paso, TX.  Vado RV Park.  We prefer it over Mission RV in El Paso as it is uncrowded, and far enough north of El Paso that there is no traffic in the morning.  It is always our first night out traveling from San Antonio to Las Vegas.

Ken & Sheila k7/8/05 12:10 PM
Las Cruces NM: Hacienda, Wants to be very upscale, but fails. Most sites are side by side opposite direction (like the old shared hookups), but free Breakfest and newpaper. ($34/night)

Fm: FRED\DAISY T
01/10/31

Good campground here in Deming.  It is Little Vineyards.  One hundred forty four sites with 19 50 amp pullthroughs.  Clean laundry.  Pancake and egg breakfast in the morning.

Also in Deming the SKP dreamcatcher park on east end of town. Nonmembers can stay and You can check out the organization.
Dream Catcher RV Park
4400 E. Pine Street
Deming, NM 88030
505-544-4004
DIRECTIONS:
From I-10, take exit 85 (the easternmost exit for Deming), go south approximately 1,000 feet to the park, which is on the east side of Pine Street, next to the Holiday Inn. You may also view a map of the area.
NONMEMBER RATES:
Daily
Weekly all year
Dry camping limit 1 day
$18.00 inc. elec
$105.00 inc. elec. + *EP
$12.00 + *EP
*Extra person charge $1.00/day over 2 people

Rainbow Plantation

14301 County Rd. 28
Summerdale, AL 36580
251-988-8132
DIRECTIONS:
Coming from east, west, or north: Take 1-10, Exit 44, Hwy 59 south (toward Loxley and Gulf Shores). Continue about 14 miles to County Road 28. Turn right and go about 4.5 miles to the Plantation, on right-hand side. You may view a map of the area.
NONMEMBER RATES:
Daily
Weekly
Dry camping limit 1 day
$23.00 inc. elec. + *EP
$130.00 + elec. + *EP
$12.00 *EP
* Extra person charge $1.00/day over 2 people

Sumter Oaks RV Park

4602 County Rd 673 
Bushnell, FL 33513 
352-793-1333
DIRECTIONS: 

40 miles south of Ocala, 45 miles north of Tampa, situated 1.5 miles east of I-75 at exit 309 (old exit 62).

NONMEMBER RATES:
Daily
Weekly April-December
Dry camping limit 1 day
$26.00 inc. elec. + *EP
$130.00 inc. elec. + *EP
$12.00 + *EP
*Extra person charge $1.00/day over 2 people

Back
Top Bottom