NuWa (HitchHiker) to Resume Production

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannine

NuWa (manufacturer of HitchHiker 5th wheel trailers) will resume production in June.  They suspended production in January, shortly after we took delivery of our new HitchHiker.  They kept the service and warranty department open. 

Our new HitchHiker is the best quality RV we've owned.  I'm delighted they are going to stay in business.

Jeannine

We are really enjoying our 09 Hitchhiker. We have not had any problems and nothing to take it back to the dealer about.

We are glad to hear that they are going to start production again

Dave

Apparently NuWa intends to change its business model substantially, which it casts as a reform of some of the industry's abusive (my word) sales practices of the past. If it's all true, I kind of wish we were looking for a 5er not a MH.

See NuWa press release.

Yes they have always done a good job of manufacturing. They have been always came out with good floor plans. It is just that they have not figured out how to get there price down to the level of the Indiana plants. Apples for Apples they are $5000 higher. Many buyers are going to be a lot more Conservative. I hope that they will try to work on  bringing their efficiency up. I once talked to the CEO of excel Their production with more employees was Half of that of KZ.
Todays business climate is tough people will not just bury their head is the sand when it comes to price.

However there is something to be said for the increased level of quality that usually accompanies a slower pace in the factory. There are lots of companies building cheap RVs and too few building excellent ones.

turkey trail said:
Yes they have always done a good job of manufacturing. They have been always came out with good floor plans. It is just that they have not figured out how to get there price down to the level of the Indiana plants. Apples for Apples they are $5000 higher. Many buyers are going to be a lot more Conservative. I hope that they will try to work on  bringing their efficiency up. I once talked to the CEO of excel Their production with more employees was Half of that of KZ.
Todays business climate is tough people will not just bury their head is the sand when it comes to price.

Comparing NuWa products to most of the Indiana products is not an Apples to Apples situation.  The materials used and the assembly methods are not the same.  Of course, some of the components are the same:  stove, water pump, etc.  When they suspended production, they kept the service and warranty departments open. 

Jeannine

Back
Top Bottom