EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: leveling 5th wheel for fulltime  (Read 2182 times)

ajparish06

leveling 5th wheel for fulltime
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
i have a 2000 32ft 5th wheel. i had it deliverd so i dont have a truck too hook to it right now. they dropped it out of level side too side becuse the tires sunk. i got it pretty level by putting some concreat blocks under one side in the back after bending one of the stabelizer jacks in the back a little, but i dont want to bend the frame using the concret blocks i looked at the frame i dont think its bent the tires are still carring some of the weight but i need to get them level.  the camper shakes alot  the frame looks strong its steel I beam but i dont want to bend it. can any one tell me how to get it level side to side  with out a tow truck? and how to tell if the frame is bent just in case i bent it? also the concret pads i put the front jacks on keep breaking i think the front is alot heavier than the back. whats a good way to get it sturdy for fulltiming in one spot. 

bross

• ---
Re: leveling 5th wheel for fulltime
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
I would jack up the axle and then block up the tires.
Bill & Doris
Winnebago Adventurer 38Q

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: leveling 5th wheel for fulltime
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:08:50 AM »
The front IS much heavier than the back - those front jacks are carrying at least 1000 lbs each and maybe more. Wood actually makes a better pad than concrete - it flexes a bit. Concrete is brittle and a couple of layers of 3/4" plywood may work better.

You would be hard pressed to bend that frame. However, the best approach would be to put a jack under the axle by the wheel and raise it until you can get some wood blocks (e.g. 2x10 boards) under the tires.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network