leveling 5th wheel for fulltime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajparish06

i have a 2000 32ft 5th wheel. i had it deliverd so i dont have a truck too hook to it right now. they dropped it out of level side too side becuse the tires sunk. i got it pretty level by putting some concreat blocks under one side in the back after bending one of the stabelizer jacks in the back a little, but i dont want to bend the frame using the concret blocks i looked at the frame i dont think its bent the tires are still carring some of the weight but i need to get them level.  the camper shakes alot  the frame looks strong its steel I beam but i dont want to bend it. can any one tell me how to get it level side to side  with out a tow truck? and how to tell if the frame is bent just in case i bent it? also the concret pads i put the front jacks on keep breaking i think the front is alot heavier than the back. whats a good way to get it sturdy for fulltiming in one spot. 

The front IS much heavier than the back - those front jacks are carrying at least 1000 lbs each and maybe more. Wood actually makes a better pad than concrete - it flexes a bit. Concrete is brittle and a couple of layers of 3/4" plywood may work better.

You would be hard pressed to bend that frame. However, the best approach would be to put a jack under the axle by the wheel and raise it until you can get some wood blocks (e.g. 2x10 boards) under the tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom