My worst experience with an RV salesman RANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jagage46

I have been lurking on this forum for awhile trying to decide what motor home would work best for me. I decided that the 05 or 06 Pace Arrow or Southwind appealed to me and my budget most. Since there were none near home that I could look at in person, I took a cheap flight down to Florida, rented a car, and had 2 days to look at RVs in the Tampa, Orlando area. Time was tight. I had an appointment on my first day for 8:00 AM at Lazy Days. I told the salesman I was new and wanted to see the Pace and Southwind and anything similar. Long story short, they didn't have any except a Pace that had money down on it. He even yelled to the salesman in the next office to verify. Oh yea, I was starting to feel like I was being played, since their web site listed several Paces and Southwinds. We then drove around for two hours. IT felt more like four hours, but I hung in there hoping to see some RVs. He showed me TWO units. TWO! and not the Pace or Southwind I had wanted to see most. He droned on most of the time with high pressure to buy now and how big and great Lazy Days is, how I should buy immediately because they sell so fast it wont be there long. I explained that I needed to see several RVs before I made such an important decision, but he still tried to get me to buy one of the units he showed me. He wanted me to put a  $500 deposit for the right of first refusal on a unit.  He also showed me their special snob section where the high dollar units get to park. He bragged how they have a special dinning room with gourmet meals. That really made me feel insignificant, and question if RVing is just a snob game of who has the more expensive toy. I was really insulted by his attitude.
I have experienced many pushy and overbearing salesman but this guy was the worst. It makes me think of that wise advice I have read several places on this forum, NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING A SALESMAN SAYS. 

Back
Top Bottom