animal protection when in RV alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nrglog

Just curious....When we want to leave our dog for a few hours in our MH in hot weather I always worry that the hook up to electric may go out and the air condition will too.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone ever informed the manager that they will be gone and if something happens they have an animal in unit?

We have 2 cats and a dog.  Usually the dog goes everywhere with us.  However one time when it was hot and we had to leave him for 1/2 day, I notified the manager of the campground and gave them my cell phone number to call just in case something happened.

I believe we had a thread here a while back that discussed some way a phone call could be made to your cell phone when the temps in the coach got above a certain point.  You could use the red search button above to look for that discussion.

There were a couple of other ways that were discussed where you would be notified when a change of temp occurred, but I can't recall them.  They may turn up in your search; and I'm sure others will jump in with information.

Marsha~

If you were leaving an animal unattended for a long period of time, I'd crack one or two roof vents in case the A/C stops.  That could be a problem if it rains, but there are vent covers (such as MaxxAir seen here) for that purpose too. 

Even with roof vents open and A/C running, it shouldn't be all that inefficient since most of the cold air would stay near the floor of the RV and the warmer air would escape out the top.

When we leave the dog alone in the RV, we leave the thermostat set and we also leave a couple of windows open partway. I know that's not energy efficient and that we're cooling outside air, but I figure if the power goes out, the dog's at least got some air. We rarely leave him alone for more than a couple of hours, usually he goes with us in the car.

Wendy
Pismo State Beach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom