Lights not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbbeebop

Over the past few days I have been tracking a light problem.  DRL, headlights, marker lights, fog lights, instrument lights, and driver's side map not working.  All fuses and circuit breakers appear to be OK.  No voltage as tested the headlight switch. Any suggestions appreciated.

As John said it would be helpful to know what rig and chassis you have. Also you said no voltage to the light switch. Are you checking from frame ground? If you have a bad or missing ground with the light switch on and battery voltage there you would measure battery voltage on both sides of the head lights. Head lights usually have a self resetting circuit protector in the circuit somewhere.  Good luck.

Like mentioned, a bad ground can cause some strange behavior.  I'm also thinking along the lines of the ignition switch.

If you are a DIY-type, you can download your Freightliner chassis schematics from Access Freightliner.  You will need to register for access - follow the instructions to get a login ID.

I think that wiring is part of Freightliner and not the house (Winnebago.)  If not, there is a link to the Winnie diagrams in a sticky at the top of this forum.

Don't know exactly what I did, but there is a light control module in the front left electrical compartment.  I checked all the connections to it and made sure they were tight.  To say the least I wiggled alot of wires.  After that all the lights work again!

I like a good wiggle, ;D  but how long will it last?

If this was my case, I would check to see if connectors (spade or otherwise) are involved and take a little time to remove/unplug them, inspect them and clean them, put a little "dielectric connector protector" on them ( available from auto parts stores; (Advance Auto, etc) to make sure that it will not happen again tomorrow.

FWIW  carson FL

Yeah, it is a mess in the electrical compartment, you have to be a contortionist to get in there.  I'm not about to start taking things apart and trying to clean them, spray them or otherwise mess (there's that word again) with them.  I'll have it checked later by a qualified service tech.  Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom