Hopkins Tire Pressure Monitoring System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geodrake

Moderator Emeritus
Camping World has the Hopkins tire pressure monitoring system on sale for $359 with six transmitters.  This seems like a pretty good deal.  Has anyone had experience with this system?

geodrake said:
Camping World has the Hopkins tire pressure monitoring system on sale for $359 with six transmitters.  This seems like a pretty good deal.  Has anyone had experience with this system?

I'm not familar with this system, but there are two 'reviews' posted at Camping World:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/hopkins-tire-pressure-monitoring-system/43965

Google of product reviews:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hopkins+tire+pressure+monitoring+system+-+reviews&btnG=Search

George,

I've been looking at a TPMS for my rig for the last month.  I found a Hopkins on eBay with 8 sensors for $381 including shipping.  I've also found this system that I like better and will probably purchase.

Steve

Steve, make sure you give us a report after you evaluate the system, after you purchased and installed and used it. Looks like the competition is growing. (Not a bad thing).

carson FL

Luca1369 said:
George,

I've been looking at a TPMS for my rig for the last month.  I found a Hopkins on eBay with 8 sensors for $381 including shipping.  I've also found this system that I like better and will probably purchase.

Steve

Luca1369;

I looked at the two different tire systems (online); what advantages and specifics do you like about the one to your link? Seems like a worthwhile investment and would be great information to know while driving...

Richard 34A said:
what advantages and specifics do you like about the one to your link?

I thought about going with the Pressure Pro but the Hopkins and TST sytsems are about $200 cheaper. 

I found a couple of advantages to the TST system over the Hopkins.  First, the alarms can be set to your specs on the TST while they are preset on the Hopkins.  Also, I like the fact that with the TST system the sensors are put on with a special tool (two of which are provided) so they can't be stolen.

Steve

Ron said:
Will installing the sensors with the special tool require the dual tires to be removed for installation?

I don't think so Ron.  If you go to the website it shows the tool, looks like it's not a problem.

Steve

And no problem for the thief with the tool either :)

Steve

It may well have happened but I do not know first hand of one PressurePro sensor that has been stolen. I know of a few that have been lost, but not stolen.

I believe there were some thefts in Mexico from the Copper Canyon train tour.  The kids would take them off the RVs on the flat cars.  I don't know of any thefts here in the states.

The only sensors I am aware of being stolen was in Mexico some of them off the MH that were on the flat cars.  However that is not all that has been stolen in Mexico.  We don't go to Mexico so we just don't worry about it.

BernieD said:
Steve

It may well have happened but I do not know first hand of one PressurePro sensor that has been stolen. I know of a few that have been lost, but not stolen.

I now have my RV in front of my home in SSF with all the sensors in the clear and easy to rip off. But I figure most thieves won't even know what they are. But if they do get ripped off, I wonder if they will notice the recorded internet night camera facing the RV!

But they can rip off one side of the RV  and not get in the camera.

BTW, I have several  internet cameras at both of my homes inside and out, so I can keep an eye on either from anywhere in the world (anywhere I can get on the internet). I can view both sides of my RV when parked on the side of my NV home where it's usually kept.

-Don- San Francisco, CA

I checked out the Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Truck Systems Technologies at their website; I wanted to see larger pictures of the monitor and more information on their product but no manual is available on their website. (http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html) I contacted them and while they didn't send any pictures, they did send me the Owner's Manual in .pdf format. Anyone who is interested in the information can email me and I will send it to them. [email protected] - please put 'TST Tire Pressure Manual' in your subject line or your request won't make it past the SPAM/JUNK folder.

Anyone here have this product installed in their RV that can do a review?

Here's the reply I just entered to deank's request on this very same thing:

On another board I frequent, a couple bought that setup at CW and just got back from a 3,000+ mile trip and they said it worked beautifully.  They had also read a bad report on it, but concluded that the person that wrote it was probably impatient and did not follow the installation instructions completely.  As I said, they had rave reviews about it, especially for the price.  It warned them a couple of times of low pressure due to the extreme cold (they came from Michigan and went to Florida, then back).  They are sold on it.

I have no experience with Hopkin TPMS but read through the manual and it certainly seems like it would be a good system to own, especially if you had multiple vehicles - the portability features are excellent.

It looks as though the wheel sensors may be the same as what Pressure Pro uses. I know that PP sells their sensors to another company for use in an integrated TPMS system, so it looks like Hopkins may be another customer for sensors only.

>>Anyone here have this product installed in their RV that can do a review?<<

I have the TST Truck system on my coach since last June. After a few glitchs with the now defunct distributor it is working great now. The new distributor (TST Truck) has been great to work with and has replaced the bad sensors that the 1st guy sold me. The sensors do just screw on the valve stems and I had no problem with the inside duels install. The monitor has a back light so is visible at night and it constantly scrolls through all tires. You can set a high temp alarm and a high and low psi alarm to go off where you want it to. It comes with a removable 12V cord so it can be used cordless also. It is about 1/2 the size of the PP monitor so it is easy to find a place on the dash for it. It has both a visual and audible alarms that are easy to hear and to see.  So faqr the system has work great for me.

jerryarlyne said:
>>Anyone here have this product installed in their RV that can do a review?<<

I have the TST Truck system on my coach since last June. After a few glitchs with the now defunct distributor it is working great now. The new distributor (TST Truck) has been great to work with and has replaced the bad sensors that the 1st guy sold me. The sensors do just screw on the valve stems and I had no problem with the inside duels install. The monitor has a back light so is visible at night and it constantly scrolls through all tires. You can set a high temp alarm and a high and low psi alarm to go off where you want it to. It comes with a removable 12V cord so it can be used cordless also. It is about 1/2 the size of the PP monitor so it is easy to find a place on the dash for it. It has both a visual and audible alarms that are easy to hear and to see.  So far the system has work great for me.

Any chance you could post or email some photos of the monitor? The website only has a rather smallish picture and I'd like to see image of the entire monitor, front, back. etc. So far, I like this TMS best...

Any chance you could post or email some photos of the monitor?
Re: the TST sensor/monitor, there are some pics on my web page of mine installed on the tires. Go to http://www.pjrider.com/TireCodes.htm.  If that doesn't work, or for some reason the forum prohibits my providing a url in the text, go to my website in the sig link, click the "RV Travels" link on the left, then go down about mid-page to a link for "RV Tire Care." The TST setup pics are close to the bottom of the "Tire Care" page. The TST sensors weigh 58g each, and are about the size of a soda bottle cap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom