Hopkins Tire Pressure Monitoring System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will let you all know soon as I bought the Hopkins but with the booster.  I'm told i can plug the booster directly into my car in tow versus adding a DC outlet in the back.  As for RV sensors, i didn't bother with that as my RV has it's own sensors and i didn't want to duplicate nor the additional cost.

Neil

So does the TST system

RV Roamer said:
The Pressure Pro system does not give a false alarm merely because a sensor is out of touch. It will indicate the sensor has not reported lately (solid red light at that position) but will not give an alarm unless a report is received and the pressure reported is actually lower than the previously set threshold value. I gather the Hopkins system does not work that way?

I purchased the Hopkins and just set it up on my car for a quick test.  I'll be at my RV in 2 weeks but the sensors will be for my Tow Dolly and car.  Was quite simple to set up and run.

The Hopkins does not seem to work unless plugged in to the 12v.  Is it that in needs to be charged up or is it that it only runs while connected to 12v?

I reported that I purchased the Hopkins TPMS.  I tried it on my car today and it was relatively easy to set up, accurate and reliable.  I will try it on my tow dolly/car pulled by my 43' Coach in a few weeks using the signal booster and report back again.  I'm told i need to leave the booster in the car plugged in.  I don't need the TPMS for the Coach tires as they are monitored by the Coach system.  Still, having the comfort of the dolly and car being monitored is comforting.  I purchased the system from Camping World.

Neil

I am in our 43' now and towed a dolly with car.  I used the Hopkins TPMS for the toad/dolly.  Curious is that I followed directions and installed the booster in the auto and that didn't boost the signal enough to receive it on the Coach dash.  However, when I put the booster on the Coach dash next to the receiver it receives and works fine.  Shortly after unplugging the booster, I lose the signal and it comes back with the booster. 

I thought wrong that my Coach had its own TPMS so I'm going to purchase more allowing me to monitor the Coach tires too.  In addition to the comfort of knowing tires are fine while underway, I more easily can find the tire pressure condition without any work! 

Neil

Camping World is now selling the Hopkins 6 sensor system for $244 with special and coupon.  I finally quit looking and plunked down the plastic to order one.  Pretty cheap price for this system, have not seen it this low before.

Read through this whole thread, as well as reviews elsewhere. Seems like the majority vote here is for the TST system, but it's a small majority.

Any updates available from those using the TST system?

Paul

Paul and Jo said:
Read through this whole thread, as well as reviews elsewhere. Seems like the majority vote here is for the TST system, but it's a small majority.

Any updates available from those using the TST system?

Paul

We have the new TST system (507RV) hasn't been out long. Replaceable batteries and the seniors only weigh 12.5 grams. Put about 300 miles on it and works perfectly.

lostagain said:
We have the new TST system (507RV) hasn't been out long. Replaceable batteries and the seniors only weigh 12.5 grams. Put about 300 miles on it and works perfectly.

Looks like the TST Monitor and eight tyre sensor system for $399 would work great for our SWD Ford F-350 and a four-wheel Montana 3455SA.

Looking forward to more reports on this particular model.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom