changing table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hermit

We are considering purchasing a new to us Class c, 2006-2007 Jamboree. My wife has neck and back problems and these units do not make for a comfortable place to sit and watch TV.  What are the problems in taking out the booth table and bench's and replacing with a couch in the same location and putting the table (removeable) in front of the couch. In theory the space allocation should be OK and the only complication would be the vent and ductwork which could be run under the couch (no drawer).  We are going to be downsizing from a 35' class A and she is used to a couch. Thank you

An RV is basically a house with wheels anything is possible they build RVs with just that set up so I don't see any problems.

In a panic stop or an accident a flying sofa can be a real danger.  I would suggest purchasing a sofa that was made for an RV and make sure it is bolted down.

I was thinking of a flex-steel easy bed rv couch so I plan on bolting it down. 

My wife and I have similar neck issues which are exacerbated by the placement of the TV in our Class C.  Upon arrival at our destination, I remove the TV from its cabinet above the dinette and either place it on the dinette table, or situate it on a small folding table positioned between the driver and passenger seats.  The TV is then at eye-level.    I bought a 15" LCD so it doesn't take up much room on the table and pretty lightweight to move around.  We also use the 'jack-knife' couch in it's pull out position for more viewing comfort.

I am also considering constructing a removable shelf which would hang underneath the bunk and above the driver and front passenger seat specifically for the TV, magazines etc.  I have the concept and materials but the time eludes me...

BT

Hey just had a thought just thinking out loud .If a guy had  a flat screen he could make a flip down between the seats under the bed .The only issue would be how to keep it from thumping someone on the head when you hit a bump.

S J Strait said:
Hey just had a thought just thinking out loud .If a guy had  a flat screen he could make a flip down between the seats under the bed .The only issue would be how to keep it from thumping someone on the head when you hit a bump.

I've seen flip down monitors up to 15" for mobile applications.  The lock in place when not in use just like the standard 7" monitors found in most minivans today.  Not sure what they cost.

As for the couch, I helped my dad do the same thing in his B+ van.  That unit didn't have a bed so he replaced the dinette with a full size fold away bed.  The only issue was figuring out where to drill the mounting holes for the bolts and getting access to where you just drilled from the underside.  His unit ended up having a hidden panel under the subfloor we had to remove to get to the bolt.  I suppose you could use 1/2 or 5/8" lag bolts if your floor is 3/4' plywood or better, but I wouldn't recommend it due to the potential for the wood to loose it's fiber strength if it ever got wet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom