Winnie Journey "Drip tube"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchristo

Just got my 2000 Winn Journey out of storage. I noticed a small drip tube up front - above and to the left of the geneator - dripping what looks to be water or antifreeze at a pretty consistent drip, drip, drip after i stopped(drove 10 miles). Any one know what this might be?  Thanks in advance.  BC

If it is to the left of the generator when you are standing at the front of the coach. It could be the dreaded heater core leak. Had that problem a couple years ago. 

Yes to the left and up from the generator about a foot or so....Does the heatcore core leak drain from a 1 or 2 inch tube -diameter about the size of a fat pen.I think that is where it is coming from.. I did turn on the heater for a few min on way home...How much did it cost to fix? Thanks

Oh yeah and if the heater core - will it still leak if I do not turn on the coach heater?

It can still leak with heater off. If it is the heater core you have 2 choices. replace it or bypass it by hooking the two water hoses together. If you go places like we do (Down South for the winter) & don't need heat. You can later get the best price for replacing it at your leisure.( If you taste antifreeze it is the heater core!)

Yes, it will leak since the heater core is under pressure any time the cooling system is under pressure

You can bypass the heater core.. Take the heater hoses off the core (Where they attach near the firewall or heater compartment) and use a standard Iron Pipe nipple, oh, say six inches or so long, clamp 'em down on that hose, if that stopps the drip you know for a fact it's the heater core.

Another way to tell is to turn on the drfroster.. If your windshield instantly foggs up. It's the heater core

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom