Grand National Rally Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

We are thinking of going. Do they have water & sewer hookups or just elect. I think I read something about not being able to park tow car near unit. How far from unit. We want to escape Alabama hot summer, how hot is it up there? Thanks Art

Art ...We used to live in Mongtgomery, and know what you mean about "Alabama summer. But you are trying to escape "Alabama summer" in April??? ...what are your plans for July & August??    :eek:

April in Albuquerque will be pretty pleasant normally ...we plan to be there the entire month visiting family.  We are expecting "normal" daytime temps anywhere from 65 - 85 and nighttime 40-50. However, we also won't be surprised to see brief periods of cooler daytime and nighttime temps is something blows through. We woud not expect freezing weather unless there were a rare 1-2 day event.

Enjoy Albuquerque!!

Art,
Look here http://www.winnebagoind.com/clubs/wit/gnr.php for info regarding the WIT GNR.

Dinghy parking is but a short walk from your rig.

All sites have at least 30A eclectric.  There is a water connection at the end of each row and folks link up to extend the hose line to each rig.

Dump stations on site (but it might be difficult to get to them mid-week) and also honey wagon service available.

Bath houses are nice and cleaned daily.

Peoplemovers will get you around the grounds and there is dedicated bus service to take you almost anywhere in town you may wish to go.

Forest City is a typical small-town USA city.  The folks are very friendly and there are lots of things to do scheduled in the pre-rally week.  Many rally participants show up for the whole week before to enjoy the festivities.

This year if the 40th anniversity of the Winnebago-Itasca Travelers Club - therefore the rally theme is WITstock (RE: Woodstock?)

Good info already provided.

You can park in your row several days pre-rally and you can park right next to your unit.  During the rally, you might need to park a few hundred feet from your rig.  There are people movers, so you don't need to stress over transportation.  We find the weather in the Midwest warm to almost hot in the summer, but much better than Florida!  Whatever - you need to do at least one GNR!!

Thanks for the info. Wife has a foot problem & wanted to make sure she can get to rig from car. Sounds like all will be OK. Art

Sorry I got confused there Art...  ???  I've been discussing The Rally in Albuquerque next month with several folks and failed to shift gears to thinking GNR last night when I saw your question!! Forest City definitely can be warm in summer, but not as much humidity as Mobile.  We have been to GNR a couple of times and really enjoy being there. You could easily ride a bicycle around the grounds, and as others have mentioned, the people-movers on the grounds and busses off the grounds are great ways to get around. We used the busses for picking up mail downtown and for going downtown to eat, and never had to wait more than a few minutes anywhere for a pickup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metsman5
Back
Top Bottom