Suburban Oven question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LynneT

We were in the Toy Hauler last night checking out the stove/oven and after lighting the pilot in the oven, noticed that the oven burner seemed to go out each time the door was opened.  Is this a safety feature?  ??? We couldn't find any info on the oven operation ... only info on the top burners.  Simple, I know ... but other than knowing we need to manually light the oven pilot, we want to make sure this is the way things are suppose to work.  Seems as if the oven heats up properly when left closed. ???

Well, a companion question would be "Did the oven come back on when the door was closed or did you have to relight it"

I can see it as a safety option, but I've never seen it either

John ... the answer to your question is "yes" ... after closing the door, the burner lit back up ... tried it a few times and each time the door was opened, the burner went out .... that is why I thought it may be a safety feature but wanted to be sure.

It may well be "working as designed", but I have never seen one do that. On the other hand, the last rig we had with a gas oven was a 1996 and OSHA has no doubt been pushing for safety improvements since then.  Do you have an owner's manual for it?

I have never seen an oven do as you described but it does sound like this feature may be as designed.  I would suggest asking the manufacturer at http://www.rvcomfort.com/suburban/service/ranges_questions.php .  Please let us know what you find out from the manufacturer.

Back to the original poster... Ok, one more question I should have ask last time

Can you provide us with the oven's make, and if possible model?

I mean... the on-line owner's manual may well answer your question if you stick a www. and .com on the maker's name

As it appears many of us agree, it makes sense as a safety feature, but none of us have seen it before

I don't know, nor can I check, to see if my uint is like that  (Can check later in the week though, and will)

Well .... I got the manual and read it again ... says nothing about a safety feature .... It's a Suburban SRN3  Model.  Maybe the fact that it hasn't been used much might have something to do with it ... who knows!  Thanks for the feedback everyone ... I will see what I can find out on the website.

Checking Suburban's home page
http://www.rvcomfort.com/suburban/service/ranges_questions.php

They seem to not offer an oven, though I've seen ovens listed by them on other pages

I would suggest you visit the above page and click on the "Contact Us" link for more info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom