2000 hr alumascape 30' tt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jedsled

does anyone have the '00 holiday rambler alumascape 30 footer tt?

i have a couple questions:

whats the weight of the tt? i have a 2006 dodge 2500 ctd, and need to know what specific items (weight dist hitch, anti-sway, class 5 set-up) i need to haul this tt safely.

any common problems to look for on this specific tt?

the tires on it look new, they took the trailer from the dealership straight to the campsite and parked it, not moving it for 8 yrs. do i still need to get new tires?

thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

You should be able to find the weight on a tag at the front left (driver's side) of the trailer, on the outside.  If it has storage doors, it is most commonly around there.  It could also be inside, most commonly in one of the overhead storage cabinets above the sink or stove area.  Those tags will give you all the weight information as it came from the factory.  You will be looking for the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), not the UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight).  The GVWR will let you know the max the trailer can weight fully loaded.  Of course to get the true weight, you would need to take it to a scale and weigh it.

I suspect your 2500 Cummins is plenty for that trailer...I can't imagine it weighing anywhere close to the max for that truck.  As far as tow equipment, others will be along with good recommendations on good hitches (Equalizer, Hensley, etc.).  I would recommend a Class V hitch just because.  You know you're covered then.

As for tires...absolutely.  If that trailer has been sitting there on those tires for eight years, don't even hesitate.  Replace them.  Period.

And finally, enjoy!

thanks for the reply. where is the best and cheapest place that most are using to get new tires for it?

jedsled said:
thanks for the reply. where is the best and cheapest place that most are using to get new tires for it?

The nearest, cheapest dealer that handles LT service tires in your proper size and weight rating.   (Do not get P service tires for a trailer.  ST service is not necessary.)    Best would be an outfit that can handle large rigs so that your trailer can be handled in his yard.  Ask the guy if he can do the job.   Demand hand torquing of the lug nuts. 

Back
Top Bottom