Lookng for the Bruce who attended Quartzite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Smoky, but I don't have his phone number. Hopefully, he'll see your message and respond. You could try searching the membership database and, if he has email address publicly viewable, you could him an email. Cick the Home button above and scroll down to the Members list.

I think he's looking for Bruce Olsen from Canada.  That's me standing beside him in Tom's photo.  ;D

ArdraF

That's Bruce in the picture but he's not from Canada, he's from Colorado. Contact ZuniJayne, she might have his number.

Wendy

Smoky said:
I misplaced his phone number and I need it to contact him about camp hosting in Colorado.

Smoky, his name is Bruce Osborne from Westminster, CO -- and he was driving a 33' Safari. He also had a very rare bicycle cabled to the rear of his rig and parked where it would very difficult for anyone to back into that bicycle. Actually, the only way someone could back into that bike would be to back around the dirt mound between Bruce and the rig next to him - and park parallel to the wash, vs. North and South as the rest of the forum was parked.  :eek: ;)

The picture I took of Bruce and Ardra that Tom posted may have been miscaptioned - with Bruce's last name as Olsen vs. Osborne. Sorry about that.

I just sent Bruce an email letting him know that you are trying to get in touch with him. I did not want to post his email here or send to anyone w/o his permission. As soon as I hear back from him I will let you know. Bruce signed up for the RVForum Rally via private email to me.  He may have been a guest vs. a member when he signed up.

I wonder if his bike has been fixed yet. Must have cost a fortune . . .  ???

Glad you keep good notes Bob. I'm not very good at remembering names, so I wouldn't have caught the incorrect file name.

The picture I took of Bruce and Ardra that Tom posted ....

For clarification, I merely posted a link to the photo attached to your original message, rather than re-post the photo itself. The properties of the link show that the syntax is such that it's a "download link", meaning download the original upload.

Bob Buchanan said:
I wonder if his bike has been fixed yet. Must have cost a fortune . . .  ???

Bob

I think Bruce said that the only damage was that his brakes were knocked out of adjustment and he fixed it.

CA.  CO.  Just a few hundred miles difference!  ;D  At least we got everyone pointed in the right direction.

ArdraF

Bob Buchanan said:
He also had a very rare bicycle cabled to the rear of his rig and parked where it would very difficult for anyone to back into that bicycle. Actually, the only way someone could back into that bike would be to back around the dirt mound between Bruce and the rig next to him - and park parallel to the wash, vs. North and South as the rest of the forum was parked.  :eek: ;)

Good thing he was a nice guy, huh? And it did give him a story to tell at Happy Hour.

BTW, did you all know that Safari runs on vegetable oil?

Wendy
New Brighton SB California

Smoky, Bruce responded this AM. I have forwarded a copy to the last email address I have for you. It contains his email address and phone number. He has been really enjoying his trek from Denver during and after the forum rally. Here is a line from his email:

Quote:
It's been a great time off for me since Quartzsite. I've been to Joshua Tree Park, Salton Sea, Slabs, Anza Borrego State Park, Holtville, Pilot Knob, Yuma, back in Quartzsite, Lake Havasu, Laughlin, Death Valley, Zion Nat Park, Bryce Canyon and now just hanging out in Moab.
UNQuote:

He will be going on to Denver on April 1 - and is looking to work in an RV park there. He also mentioned trying to get back on the forum but is having trouble getting connected.

Wendy - yes, I was aware of the veggie oil thing. He told me about how he runs on that when he signed up for the Rally. Looks like you guys are slowly making your way up to Steinbeck country. :)

Ardra -- I agree. Am in Laughlin for another week or so. Are you and Jerry at home now?

Bernie -- yes, I know.  Just giving Russ a bad time if he was lurking on the thread. Very little damage done and they enjoyed each others company the rest of the rally.

Tom said:
Glad you keep good notes Bob. I'm not very good at remembering names, so I wouldn't have caught the incorrect file name.

For clarification, I merely posted a link to the photo attached to your original message, rather than re-post the photo itself. The properties of the link show that the syntax is such that it's a "download link", meaning download the original upload.

Not a problem, Tom. Linking to my pic zeroed everyone into just who Smoky was looking for.

Bob,

Are you and Jerry at home now?

Yes, until shortly before Moab and the Hop, Skip, and Jump.

Sounds like Bruce has been having quite a little jaunt.  Neat places he visited!

ArdraF

Thanks Bob for your help.  Sorry I was slow getting back to you.  But I got his email and set up a phone interview with my boss.  My boss loved him and he was hired on the spot.

But he had to cancel last week because of family problems that would not allow him to live at Brainard Lake.  He had been hired for the same job Sharon and I had last summer.  I am sure he would have done great.  My boss told Bruce if he changed his mind at any time he would find another job for him as we are always getting a lot of job movement.

At the moment we have two jobs open.  One is the job Bruce vacated.  A very lovely spot 10,300 foot elevation.  And also at Brainard Lake looking for a couple to help man the admissions gate to the park.

If anyone is interested they may contact me at smoky    @    escapees    dot com.  I have purposely used the wrong format so I don't pick up spam.  I am sure anyone smart enough to figure it out will have the brains for these great jobs.  You get a free campsite for the summer, work 30 hours a week. all sites have water.  All campsites require running off a generator or solar.  Some have sewage and some require moving to dump.
Typical dates are from late May or early June thru early Sep or early Oct.  If you work as a couple, each of you gets paid separately.

Please do not pass my email info on to other venues and forums.  This is the only forum I trust.

I know someone that may be interested.  Single gal, stays on BLM, has worked at parks in the past.  I'll mention it tomorrow.

Great Bill.

I got one reply yesterday via private message.  But they decided they had too many summer projects to do.

The company prefers couples, but they will take on a hardworking single.  In fact when we were hosts last year at Pawnee, halfway through the season they added a single woman and she was terrific.

Please feel free to give your acquaintance my email address.  Previous park experience is a plus!

Back
Top Bottom