What 32 LCD TV fits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

Like most I am going to replace my 24 Sony with a 32 LCD. Learned some great tips here on getting to the old one. Somewhere I read where one brand of 32 LCD TV fits right in. I should have bookmarked that thread but did not. It may have been on another forum. Can anyone remember it? With my luck trying to match stain colors, I would much prefer not to do any cabinet work. Thanks Art

Art -- I replaced my Sony 24" with a Sharp 32' LCD TV. It was the only one that would fit width wise. The width on the Sharp was 30'5". Most are at least 31+ inches wide and did not fit within the existing wooden fascia. I posted that on the IRV2 Forum. Perhaps that is where you saw it.

Art,

The Magnavox I used measured 30.5" wide.  The inside of the cabinet measured just under 30"  I looked and looked at various electronics places with tape measure in-hand, and the Magnavox was among the narrowest.  The on-line ads, which drew me to it, said it was 30.19" - which turned out to be incorrect.  The only ones I've seen completely inside were 26" LCD's - which I held out as an option, if my 32" conversion became too difficult.  As for correct stain color, I plan to order some Sierra Maple from Winnebago to redo mine.

Harry B
I believe it was yours I read about. Thanks so much for the Info.  THutch also like your set up. Art

HERE is Joe Walsh demonstrating the Sharp 32" in a Meridian. It was the tightest fit with the most inputs (and adjustable line audio) I could find. I have clearer pix, just not on this PC.

Jeff, it looks like that TV is on the outside of the ORIGINAL framework...is that correct?  ???

And it looks like Joe Walsh isn't playing "Rocky Mountain Way", because he isn't using a slide.  ;)

The best way to do it is to measure the inside opening of your cabinet and then go to Walmart or a place like Circuit City with you tape measure and find some sets that will fit in. Then pick the one you like the best. There will be several to choose from. I got really lucky. The cabinet opening and the TV my girlfriend already owned were precisely the same dimentions. Installation was a snap. I put it in the bedroom and removed the front tv altogether. Turned it into a printer cabinet.

Attachments

• Tv in br.jpg
    Tv in br.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Tv in lr.jpg
    Tv in lr.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 89
Like Jeff's, our flat screen TV is mounted outside (on the front of) the cabinet. Mike plans on fixing it on a bracket that will flip the TV up or sideways to make the cabinet behind it accessible for storage.

Wendy
Morro Bay SP

Yeah, it sits on the outside which makes mounting it somewhat interesting. I have a killer bracket that spans across the metal box, and the TV mounts in after the front frame is in and secured. The bottom plastic shell is the last to mount since I need to get in from the sides to tighten the 1/4x20 bolts on either side. The shell is not attached to the frame as it was when removed and it's solid as a rock. The only thing I might consider doing is some velcro for it, but probably not.

Just one thing to be aware of....

If you go to a store with a tape measure in hand, be sure to re-measure the actual TV you get in the box.

I measured a TV on display and found that exact same model had been "upgraded" and the one in the box was 1/4" wider and didnt fit inside my cabinet.

After returning it, I managed to convince the Manager that his display model was now out of date and he sold it to me with a huge discount. Funny really as I would have paid extra for it as it was the only one which fitted the cabinet on all sides, top and bottom.

Paul

John

The guys fitting the TV for me thought it was me who had wrongly measured the TV - they know just how bad my handyman skills are too.

Normally, I would have accepted it as my error and took the good humoured ribbing they dished out, but I was nearly 100% confident (well around 51% anyway) that I had measured correctly.

The Store Manager initially stated they couldn't sell a display product but once I showed him the two measurements and he confirmed all the new TVs were the wider version, he let me buy the narrower one. I just had to point out to him that it was now an "old and out-of-date" model and also ex-display so shouldnt cost anywhere near the price shown.  ;D ;D

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom