'06 vs '07 Fords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrshall

I am looking into buying a class c on a Ford chassis. I will probably get a late model used m/h, or possibly new if the price is right, and am trying to find out what if any differences there are between the '06, '07, '08 and '09 chassis. I understand that the '07 and later have higher horsepower, but don't know if that also increased the torque, or by how much. I also know that the newer chassis has a 5 speed tranny, but can't find when that change was made.

Anyone know what changes were made and when? Any other changes I should know about? Or perhaps someone might know a website that covers these changes. Oh, also, what about warranty issues? New ones have 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year powertrain, but when did that start?

TIA, Jerry

Class C's are mostly built on van or van cutaway chassis, but a few may be built of F series chassis cabs. In the van models, both the E350 and E450 chassis are used and specs may differ.

The 3-valve V10 became available in 2005 and has 362 hp and 457 ft-lbs of torque, but the 2-valve version (305 hp, 420 ft-lbs) remained in production and was used in all E-series vans. The 3 valve engine was used in the Excursion and maybe some F series too.  Also, RVs may be built on a previous year chassis, regardless of the model year assigned to the finished vehicle.

From what I can see looking online, all the E-series V10's since 2005 have the 5 speed tranny.

The standard engine in an E350 is the V8 rather than the V10 and some C's may have that engine.

Thanks, Gary,

Boy, it's hard to find some things online. Can you tell me where you found this? I googled ford v-10 engine but just found a lot of stuff that didn't really apply.

Wikipedia provided the basics on the Ford V10 types, years and what vehicles they are used in. The rest I hunted up here and there, checking specs for E-series vans starting n 2005.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom