Swapping Driver and Passenger Seats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lkarelee

The drivers seat in my 1993 Coachman Catalina (Ford E250) is shot - but the passenger side is still in very good condition.  I would like to
swap them around - they are non-electric.  Anyone see a problem with this?  How do you go about removing the seats?

Look under the seat and there are most likely 4 bolts holding the seat to the pedestal.  Remove them and the seat comes free.  Reverse to install on the other pedestal.  There may be a cable or two that has to be moved also, but it should be obvious when you look at it.

I did that exact same thing with my 1986 Ford Van. No problems at all and a lot more comfortable for the driver.

Just to give you guys an update - seat swap went off without a hitch - easy off - easy on; and as a bonus....we found a lovely pile of dog hair that had
been accumulating up under the springs.

Thanks everyone - I love this forum!! ;D

LOL...I had an '84 Ford Crown Victoria HD Police Cruiser that I swapped the driver and passenger seats in with no problem.  The police force that had it before me obviously had some big boys with some big guns because that seat was SHOT (not literally), and the cruiser was only 3 years old! 

I am 6'1", 250# and in 6 years and 100,000 miles, I didn't even come close to destroying the seat the way those patrolmen did.

If you took a 3 year old police cruiser, Crown Vic, and  put 100,000 miles on it, for six more years, you're OK in my book!  :eek: ;D ;D

And, I am not talking about the seats!  ::)

(I suppose that puts me Off Topic!)  ::)

Officers try to take good care of  their vehicles, but the duty really wears on them. I don't know of any use that wears a car faster, other than  maybe taxi duty. I wouldn't take a chance on a used, of either one. You did remarkably well! I am impressed!  ;D

Ray D  ;D

Ray D said:
If you took a 3 year old police cruiser, Crown Vic, and  put 100,000 miles on it, for six more years, you're OK in my book!  :eek: ;D ;D

And, I am not talking about the seats!  ::)

(I suppose that puts me Off Topic!)  ::)

Officers try to take good care of  their vehicles, but the duty really wears on them. I don't know of any use that wears a car faster, other than  maybe taxi duty. I wouldn't take a chance on a used, of either one. You did remarkably well! I am impressed!  ;D

Ray D  ;D

Guess I was lucky.  Got it with 90k miles, at a municipal auction.  It had great maintenance records and a clean body (mostly).

The transmission gave out at 140k and the rebuild never did quite work correctly, but the engine ran great...unless it was cold....or wet.  Rear doors never worked either...that made for some fun "dukes of hazzard"  moments.  Come to think of it, how did I get 100,000k out of it?!?!?!  Kidding aside, it did me well and for as poor as I was then, I'm lucky it did.

Back
Top Bottom