New Travel Trailer Remarks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief

Hey All,

Just got back from my first trip with my new camper. It's a 27' Palomino Travel Trailer with a small slideout.

I've looked at Palomino as mid-grade quality. That's just my perception and I welcome your views either way.

It tows like a dream with the reese dist. hitch and sway control.

I have about 10 things that are not right and I think that's a lot. It is going to the dealer when it's convenient for me. here's the list:

-final QC sticker on the front never signed, and it's obvious why. I wouldn't want my name on this one
-plumbing leak for city water, I think I fixed it by hand tightening the fitting just inside the wall. The carpet is just about dried out.
-6 speakers, one outside speaker doesn't work. I have 2 switches, 1 on the stereo(A,B.A&B) and one underneath, (Inside, Outside, Both) and they don't seem to coincide. No matter how I set them that one outside speaker won't play.
-It has no rollout awning over the slideout, this is on the qc checklist from the factory, but it still was never installed
-Leaks in the bathroom, it appears that when the shower is used, water runs between the tub and shower walls. It then seeps from under the tub. After using the shower water drips from underneath on the outside, so God knows what's really going on where I can't see it. There is a seal between them, but it doesn't appear seated well. Maybe caulking is all it needs, unless the fixtures or drain underneath the tub are leaking.
-LP gas tanks cover was only cut for the hitch on one side, It sits crooked, gimme a break already
-outside speakers not caulked well
-bedroom curtain guide on the ceiling is attached so that the door sill is in the way of the curtain, the clip on the wall will not attach to it when it's open, it won't reach.

Kind of a long list, I'm not really alarmed and think I'll get them straightened out, I am kinda ticked. Seems they rushed through building thi, not much pride.I bought a new one so I wouldn't have to deal with some of this until a little later on.

Thanks,

Joe Chief

Hi Joe and welcome aboard!

Unfortunately your list of problems is typical, maybe even better than average.  The RV industry is just not very good on consistent quality, despite their claims.  The dealer should be able to sort it out, though at some inconvenience to you.

Slide toppers are usually optional in this range of RV, so check  the standard/optional equipment list for your model and invoice for the particular one you bought.  The QC checklist will have all the optional features shown on it, whether they are actually installed or not.  Obviously an item that is not installed should not be checked off as having passed inspection, which tells you something about the QC process.  Somebody just checked all the boxes on the list and may not have ever inspected anything at all.

Joe,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  As Gary indicated unfortunately the RV manufacturers have not yet learned how to build good zero defect units.  Part of the challenge for the RV manufacturer is that so much of the unit includes systems fro other manufacturers as well as in many case just poor quality during the assembly.  More emphasis is place on get it out the door rather than get a quality product out the door that will satisfy the customers.

Hope you get you defects resolved and can enjoy your RV.

Thanks A Ton Ron & Roamer.

I appreciate your experience. It's also good to know that it sounds about par. I'm enjoying it right now. Our family sleeps in it about every other night and it's quite peaceful. I even have a firepit in our backyard for when it starts getting chilly. The nights just started cooling down around here. Have a local weekend trip planned soon.

I guess I'll call them and set it up, then bring it in when it gets colder. He said he'll do a winterize with me, so we can kill 2 with one. They'll probably have to keep it a day or two.

One question guys;

I'll be using this ocasionally during winter, probably just in the backyard. I know it probably will be cold, but will use it in a winterized state anyway. Could I possibly still use the toilet? I'm thinking maybe dump water/RV antifreeze with each use. Is this practical???

Thanks, and good to be here!!!!!!!!

Chief

Back
Top Bottom