Can someone identify this small plastic wheel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LK23

I found this small broken wheel behind the passenger seat near the passenger side slide-out.  It appears to have been broken by considerable force.  Note that one side is somewhat flattened.  Does anyone know what this is and where it was installed.  My first thought was the passenger side slide-out but I cannot see any place that is missing a wheel.  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 233
  • Wheel2.jpg
    Wheel2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 182
Do you have the Easy Rest sofa?

If so, check the wheels on the pull-out footrests.  I had one break on my Vectra and it looked similar, about 1-3/4" diameter plastic with a bolt holding them on the bottom of the footrests.

Good guess on the easy-rest foot rests.  It is a very similar black plastic wheel.  However, this wheel is smaller and I have all the easy-rest wheels in place.

We've found odd little things here and there with almost every motorhome we've owned and have finally concluded that some of them simply got dropped during installation and never picked up because they rolled under something.  Because your piece is broken, maybe it got broken and replaced which is why all your rollers are in place.

ArdraF

I received a return email from Bryan Funke.  He said it may be part of the X-arm on the end of the slide.  It is behind the curtain.  I am continuing to research this and hope it is something I can fix.  Has anyone removed the curtain??

LK 23: The curtain is held in place by screws located at the top, mid portion, and bottom of the curtain where it attaches to the wood moulding. when you remove them, the curtain will spring back to the outside wall exposing the X member. When replacing the curtain it helps to have someone hold it in place, relieving the tension, while you replace the screws...Hope this helps

I am fairly certain it is a wheel on the X-arm of the slide-out.  I have been advised it is difficult to replace.  I am waiting a return call from Jay at Winnebago.  Hopefully, he can tell me if I can possibly replace it myself.  I am waiting this call before I go to the effort to remove the curtain on the slide.

LK.....I'm wondering if it is a "MUST" to replace.......does the slide skid differently?

OK, here's the scoop.  Today, HWH was performing warranty work on my jacks and offered to inspect the slide-out mechanism.  YES!!

The X-Arm on the end of the passenger side slide-out has a roller chain.  This chain is composed on many one inch plastic wheels.  Fortunately for me, the top-most wheel was the one that broke.  The technician said that this wheel is not necessary for operation of the slide since it does not roll over the ramp.  Great!!  Evidently the popping noise was from the broken wheel getting caught in the mechanism. The technician lubed the chain with NAPA (non oil based) silicone spray.  And, I learned that if you have a broken wheel it is not a easy fix.

I have attached photos of the chain and X-Arm

Attachments

• Slide-X-Arm.jpg
    Slide-X-Arm.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Slide-Chain.jpg
    Slide-Chain.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 96
Ahhh.. the mystery behind door #1 is revealed!  I had no idea how complicated the mechanism is - thanks for the pictures, Rex  :)

What did they do for/to your jacks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom