Neigborly visits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Over the weekend we had a cruise-by by forum member caltex in his 44 foot Sea Ray.

More modestly, today Chris made one of her daily visits to check on another neighbor by dinghy.

'Tis the season! We've had several nice days, forecast to warm up over the next few days, and no rain in the extended forecast. We figured it was time to get the water toys out ready for the boating season. Yesterday I sneaked in a half day of fishing.

Attachments

• P1160520 (Medium).JPG
    P1160520 (Medium).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 56
  • heading out.jpg
    heading out.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 52
  • arrival.jpg
    arrival.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 50
  • arrived.jpg
    arrived.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 52
Tom said:
'Tis the season! We've had several nice days, forecast to warm up over the next few days, and no rain in the extended forecast. We figured it was time to get the water toys out ready for the boating season. Yesterday I sneaked in a half day of fishing.

You're making us miss our boat that used to be berthed at Eddo's on the delta. For some good fishing, didn't even have to move the boat. But to keep the doggies happy, we would usually fish from near one of the nearby islands and let the doggies run around on the island.

We now have our boats at our NV home. The many boating lakes in the area (Frenchman Lake, Lake Davis, Stampede Lake,  Lake Lahontan and others) just do not compare all that  well to the endless Sacramento River Delta on a nice day.

But that's for our larger boat, which is a little 18 footer in /out with a Volvo engine and outdrive. We also have a 14 foot inflatable Zodiac with a 30 HP two stroke. It is fast!

But  we are in no hurry and also have a lot of fun with our two little 12 volt electric powered boats that run from a deep cycle RV battery at Frenchman Lake CA which is close to our NV home. It's also a great place to boondock a RV (small overnight fee). The doggies love it there too!

-Don- South San Francisco, CA

Don,

I recall you talking about the boat being at Eddo's. The Delta sure is unique, and we miss it when we're away in the coach. Had a nice time in the bass boat Tuesday out in the sloughs, tossing a lure into the toolies.

All this boating talk is making me antsy to wash the old tub and anchor out somewhere for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom