Cycle with RV sized engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

Is this bike large enough? The engine is more than 400.

That is,  more than 400 CID, not CC's!

-Don- SSF, CA​

Attachments

• largebike.JPG
    largebike.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 251
Wild.  Have you seen the bikes with the V8 engines?  Bigger displacements, but 8 cylindars makes it more manageable size than a V-twin.  This is one from back in my RI days.  Met the owner at our favorite weekend camp spot.  This one was a 351 if I remember right, he also had a 502 cu in.  Said it was a smooth ide.

Attachments

• Sm-dog.jpg
    Sm-dog.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 138
PancakeBill said:
Wild.  Have you seen the bikes with the V8 engines? 

Only on TV, along with the motorcycle that has a jet engine. Listen to it start up here.

The V8 motorcycle I saw on TV was with a Chrysler engine. You can read about it here. You can even buy one for only $250,000.00!

BTW, I own several smaller older motorcycles, a 1971 BMW R75/5 I purchased new in 1971, a 2002 Suzuki DR200SE and a couple of early (1983 & 84) Yamaha Ventures.

-Don- SSF, CA

DonTom said:
Only on TV, along with the motorcycle that has a jet engine. Listen to it start up here.

The V8 motorcycle I saw on TV was with a Chrysler engine. You can read about it here. You can even buy one for only $250,000.00!

BTW, I own several smaller older motorcycles, a 1971 BMW R75/5 I purchased new in 1971, a 2002 Suzuki DR200SE and a couple of early (1983 & 84) Yamaha Ventures.

-Don- SSF, CA

PancakeBill said:
Wild.  Have you seen the bikes with the V8 engines?  Bigger displacements, but 8 cylindars makes it more manageable size than a V-twin.  This is one from back in my RI days.  Met the owner at our favorite weekend camp spot.  This one was a 351 if I remember right, he also had a 502 cu in.  Said it was a smooth ide.
The Tomahawk was V-10, the Viper engine and the Boss Hoss in the photo has the Chevy 350, not a 351 which is a Ford. The Boss Hoss is rideable while the T'hawk is a museum piece.
J

I have met a few people over the years with the boss hog/hoss.... not my kinda bike, couldn't imagine the heat it must put out

That v twin is HUGE!!!!  must feel like a earthquake driving down the road

86 yamaha tt225 & yz 400g, 2009 Harley Ultra Classic & 09 Buell 1125cr here.... debating on selling the Buell & buying a Ducati

While not a large as the Boss Hogg here is another V8 motorcycle
Beautiful, It was at the Barber Motorcycle Museum a must visit for any motorcycle nut.
There have been in the past several motorcycle manufacturers experimenting with V8s, too expensive.

Attachments

• morridelli.jpg
    morridelli.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom