"Happy Trails" RV Resort in Surprise, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the solar panel idea. Does it take that many to run all the electronic gizmos or are you able to sell power back to the grid?

Wendy

Wendy,

If you saw the electronic toys at their house you might be asking why they don't have more solar panels  ;D

Wendy said:
I like the solar panel idea. Does it take that many to run all the electronic gizmos or are you able to sell power back to the grid?

Wendy,
We  don't get to sell extra  power back but it does accumulate  as a credit to us when we don't use what we produce. It does start over at the beginning of a year.  We figure we will store up a bunch of extra duing the summer months when we are not home and then I will have  the extra  power for heating my new pool in November and December.

When we were first hooked up we turned on every light, fan, TV , iron and electrical thing we could just to see and we were still getting more  power from solar than we were using.  However when we added in the Air conditioning we were no longer in the credit mode. 

Betty

BernieD said:
We had a mini-rally yesterday at HT, but no one had a camera to document it :p The Lynches, Phil Bullock and the Dobrins met for lunch at Red Lobster in Surprise and then returned to HT to tour Phil's new house under construction.

Well, actually, there was a camera.  ;D

Phil

Attachments

• 561378753188.jpg
    561378753188.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 39
Ned said:
Betty, have you estimated the payback time?

Ned,

We figure between 9 and 10 years.  But I will use my pool  more with the idea that it is not costing as much to heat it. 

Betty 

I think 9 to 10 years is an excellent result.  It helps that Yuma has so many sunny days :)  Add a wind generator and you can go completely off the grid.

Betty Brewer said:
I hope this does not create another thing Terry just has to have.  We recently put 24 230 watt solar panels on the roof of our home.   We are off the grid and can now run all the electronics we want from the sun. 

Betty

Well, Phil has that nice flat roof over the coach, I wonder how many panels would fit there ??? ;D

We have been on lot 1051 since November and surrounded by very nice forum members.  They took us under their wings and really made us feel welcome to "Happy Trails".  Tomorrow we will be moving across the resort to a lot we purchased but hopefully we will still get together with our new forum friends from "Buckthorn" and "Tumbleweed".  To all of you, please come see our new home on Iron Wood.  Thanks, Jeff and Sue, for the great "Omelet in a bag" breakfast on Saturday!!

Diane and Dean

OK, guess that is why they call it Surprise!  Wish I had known last April when we were in Phoenix.  We were out on the north side of town east of 17.  Better commute for when I had to head into Mesa to work though.

Yeah, I was up between 17 and Cave Creek and it was a handful.  My buddy from LD was staying there.  Only had to commute for a week, so not too bad.  We were there for 3 weeks last year, from there to the Hop. 

Back
Top Bottom