Slide Out Dragging?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowboy49

The bottom of my slide out (2003 Canyon Trail 5W) looks like it has been rubbing during its in and out travels.. the plywood is getting chipped on the front edge only... can I adjust the slideout using the adjustment bolts on the outboard end of the slide after loosening the two clamping bolts?

Thanks.
It doesn't seem to be making any extra noise, but that damage came from somewhere.

Is this a flat floor slide, one that has to rise up before beginning its inward travel?  Failure to rise up enough could chip the front edge as it bumps up over the main floor.    If it is one that stays above the main floor, i.e. has a 2 inch step up onto the slide floor, I would suspect nail or screws protruding on the underside, either from the bottom of the slide floor or the top of the main floor.

There are several different slide mechanisms, both rack & pinion and hydraulic, so it is difficult to say what adjustments should be made to yours.  I would be inclined to have a dealer or the factory diagnose and repair it. Otherwise, it is probably a matter of trial and error. And if you loosen the wrong thing, it could get severely out of kilter and need to be jacked up to get it back on track.

Me thinks you guys have convinced me not to mess with it myself.. I'll take it back to the dealer's service department.. I have a tv hookup(extra, on the outside of the trailer) that I have no clue what it does anyway.. maybe they can figure that out too! Needless to say, the owners manual is worthless on just about any question.
Thanks!

I think that is a good choice.  We would sure hate to see anybody get into difficulties by mis adjusting a slide.  Let us know what you find out.

I kind of wonder if mine needs a bit of adjustment too... However after looking at it, and thinking of the fun I had with a car door some years ago...

Professional assistance is clearly the ONLY way to go

Reason.. When you loosen the adjustment bolts it's going to drop down, and it's gonig to stay there,  Getting it lined up is a very easy job *IF* you have the proper tools, which I suspect include a laser alingment jig and proper frame jacks.

Professionals have these tools,  I don't

Yeah, probably be a little tricky with a bottle jack and a plie of blocks, huh?

UpDate. Took the trailer in. They fixed the slide out in the driveway of the new trailer make ready area (Fun Time RV, Cleburne, TX).  Service dept told me they were 4 weeks out from getting mine in. My salesman got the make ready dept to fix it.

One guy on a creeper with a wrench..
We coulda done it with a six pack, easy!
Oh well, wne inside and looked at a really nice Cedar Creek 5W, really open area inside, rear kitchen.  All it takes is a little sack of money!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom