Plumbing Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[[size=12pt]sI am in the process of getting my RV ready for it's first journey. De-winterized it today put fresh water on board - checked pump - hot water heater etc.

A few hours later my wife looked and saw that we had a drip under the coach. This was right in the middle of the first and second compartments behind the passenger. Upon further investigation it looks there is an over flow hose made of rubber about 2 1/2 feet from the outside. It is not associated with the drain hose for the water tank - can only trace the hose into the top of the compartment - it goes on I am sure but to where - I dunno??

Looked up the plumbing diagrams - but couldn't find any reference to this hose.

Any body out there who can shed some light on this for me?

2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
[size=12pt]
ize=10pt][/size][/size][/size]

Three possibilities I can think of...
- Fresh water tank overflow (if you overfilled the tank)
- Low point drain (mine is in the water heater/water pump compartment)
- Refrigerator defrost drain

Is it under the refrigerator?  It might be the drain hose for that.

Tom - we have different chassis, so I'm not going to be of much assistance.  My guess is the water tank overflow.  Give Winnie a call tomorrow and give them a shot at the question if you don't get a definitive answer here.

Let me ask a question.

What is above that spot?

I can think of several hoses like that that SHOULD be included  but what is in the compartment(s) next to the hose and what is above it.

Every water tank has an air vent, which sometimes also serves as the overflow if you overfill. The vent can even leak a bit from water splashing into it as the tank fills.

John In Detroit said:
Let me ask a question.

What is above that spot?

I can think of several hoses like that that SHOULD be included  but what is in the compartment(s) next to the hose and what is above it.

It is smack dab between the first 2 compartments. As close as I can see it's more over the kitchen stove area.  Anyway it has dried now and I'm not too concerned at this point - I do think it was when I filled the tank that we went a little overboard.

John Canfield said:
Yes, but you have left us all hanging with an unresolved question - men are problem solvers and we are not fulfilled as yet  ;D

Big John - unlike you I don't have the ability or inclination to go any further with this. The tube went into a sealed compartment - no desire to tear into it. It's leaking any longer and according to all you knowledgacble folk here it is a common occurance. So for me it is okay and I am happy.....You guy's are great.

I have a 2007 Sunrise 35L and I believe the floorplans are identical. It is the breather or "overflow" for the fresh water tank. We camp a lot in state parks with only electric and I usually run the tank over when I fill it. There should be two other hoses nearby that are the low point lines for hot and cold.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom