1999 Winnebago Adventurer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish Wake

I have 2 nagging problems with my coach. 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 32T

1st the Powerline EMS display stopped working, it was blank I reset the converter breaker and I got the 4 lights on the right side and the 30 amp light was lit even though I was on generator. The digital display showed a backwards 7, a 6, and a dot in the lower right hand conner. I took the display apart and the 4 wire connector was a mess, the connectors wouldn't stay in the plug. I checked the voltage and got 12v on red and blue wire 0v on brown wire with generator running.  Fuse is good on circuit board.

2nd dash radio was working fine both on aux and main power now it will only work on main.

Are the problems related or am I missing something easy?
Thanks
Randy

Randy - is your EMS problem a mechanical one?  The connector won't stay plugged in?

Regarding 'Aux' and 'Main'  - my switch is labeled "House" and 'Engine'.  The radio won't work in the engine position unless the ignition key is turned on.  Could it be your problem is this simple?

John Canfield said:
Randy - is your EMS problem a mechanical one?  The connector won't stay plugged in?

Regarding 'Aux' and 'Main'  - my switch is labeled "House" and 'Engine'.   The radio won't work in the engine position unless the ignition key is turned on.  Could it be your problem is this simple?

John, I fixed the EMS problem. It was the connector on the back of the display. I cut the old one off and crimped on new pins and a new connector. Works like a champ now. I am a happy man.

In regard to the radio aux main switch, I'm stumped. It worked fine with the old radio, it worked fine when I installed the new radio but it stopped working. It worked again later for a minute then it stopped again. It works with the key on and the switch in the chassis position but it won't work in the coach position. I tried to make sense of the wiring diagrams and even took the plug off the back of the switch but it's above my pay grade. Any ideas?
Thanks
Randy

Randy - glad the EMS is healthy.  I have no pearls of wisdom for the radio power problem.  My approach would be to get the meter and start checking the power from the radio back to the source.

Back
Top Bottom