10W solar panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkriedel

Hi Everyone!

I was poking around on my Suncruiser the other day, and while checking the house batteries, I noticed the 12v fuse for the Solar Panel was popped.  The fuse is located on a panel above the coach batteries, which are under the entrance steps in my rig.

I have two questions, since I'm pretty new to RVing.  First, are the 12v fuses like the old-timey fuses that once they blow, you need a new fuse to replace it (as opposed to a circuit breaker)?  I couldn't simply pop it back in.  Second, what might cause the fuse for the solar panel to go?  If I'm going to replace the fuse, I suppose I should fix what caused it to pop in the first place.

Thanks everyone!
Matt

Hey Matt

I have a combo of fuses for my Horizon - blade-type fuses primarily for the chassis, and circuit breakers for the house.  If it's a circuit breaker, the amperage of the breaker will be printed on the 'button.'  If you indeed have a circuit breaker and it won't reset, then it sounds like you might have a short somewhere downstream of the breaker.

If you are a DIY type, check the backside of the breaker for resistance to ground.  If it is very low, then there is a short somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom