LP detctor Prob 2000 Win Journey 36G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchristo

The green light is not on on my LP Detctor> I did not see a reset on the Detec. I see there is a fuse in the house fuse box. I Pushed -NO reset.  I suppose the fuse must be bad?? Is there another fuse that covers the "House fuse box" - IE up front Coach fuse box there is a 55A that says "Coach breaker panel"... This one does not seem to stick out like the other???  Thanks

The normal position for an untripped circuit breaker like Winnie uses is the white button is flush with the mounting.  If yours is in the extended (tripped) position, and it doesn't reset when pushed in (immediately pops back out), then either there is a problem with the breaker itself (breakers can go bad), or the breaker is detecting a short.  Disconnect the positive lead to the LP detector (at the detector) and try to reset the breaker.  If it resets, then the detector must be bad.

You can also look at the electrical diagram (a huge bonus for us Winnie owners) for your rig and track down the wiring - see the resources sticky at the top of this forum for a link.

Wow now I am embarrassed. I pulled out the Dector and it was unplugged - there is a 3 prong male that fits into a female adaptor. Plugged in - Works. Thanks

If that is the original detector, I would seriously consider replacing it.  The expected reliable lifespan is usually in the 5yr range. ;)

Wonder how it got unplugged

My guess is that the previous owner also realized it was draining his battery. Simple solution...unplug it.

That's exactly what I found on my rig after I got it.

carson

Those guys are only supposed to last about five years according to the manufacturer, I had to replace mine a few months ago because I kept getting erroneous warnings.  (also had to replace the CO detector at the same time - they are rated for five years too)

Erroneous warnings are not uncommon even when they are new since all sorts of things like Febreeze, hairspray, and various cleaning fluids will set them off.

Sometimes blowing them out with air or vacuuming will get them working again but when that doesn't work anymore they need to be replaced.

Note that CGI sells the detectors with and without the connector. As I recall the CGI web site lists the one with the connector as being for Winnebagos.

I am betting it was unplugged by previous owner! I apprec. all input. What do you think about testing with a propane torch...NOT lit of course - It may have been unplugged for years and still be "good".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom