Kingpin Extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mga60t

Had a hitch dealer tell me that I would probably need a kingpin extension for my 2007 2500 Crew Cab with the 6.6 bed. He said some 5th wheels need kingpin extensions so they can be towed besides the slider. I have read alot on this forum and have not seen where a kingpin extension is really needed. Maybe certain 5th wheels. We are looking at a 2006 Forest River Wildcat 29ft. Do yo think I need an extension with my setup?

Thanks, Tom

I have the same truck and use a slider with no troubles. I turn around in the back yard and pull back into the driveway before backing into the backyard to park.

Attachments

• Camper-640.gif
    Camper-640.gif
    80.6 KB · Views: 33
However, warolands trailer has a king pin extension already in place. It was likley standard equipment on his trailer.

Most trailers have an extended pin box as standard equipment and I'm pretty sure the Wildcat has one. It may or may not be sufficient for zero risk towing on a shortbed truck.  Is the dealer suggesting a n additional extension of some kind??? Have never heard of such a thing, but???

Nor have I ever heard of a need for something besides a slider hitch if the trailer already has an extended pin box like the Wildcat has.

I know believe the hitch guy thought I had a smaller bed.
Gary I am sure I shouldn't need anything else beside the slider hitch.

Thanks, Tom

Back
Top Bottom