From the archives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I stumbled across this photo of me fishing the River Afan (pronounced Avan) in South Wales while we were on vacation some years ago. I'm fishing within a couple of hundred yards of the childhood home of actor Richard Burton (he made more money than I) in Pontrhydyfen.

In the UK, having a river or stream run through your property does not give you the fishing rights. The Afan Valley Angling Club, of which I'd been a member since I was 12, owns the fishing rights of the entire river and it's main tributaries, the Ffrwdwyllt and the Pelenna. I'd maintained my AVAC membership after moving to CA, and one year asked if I could pay for a 10-year membership instead of sending my annual check. The reply:

"Dear Mr Jones, We have decided to grant you a lifetime membership in the AFAC, so you will never need to renew or pay for your membership again. By the way, you didn't sign your cheque (check) anyway".

Here's a message about Glan Williams, a friend and co-worker who was the founder and chairman of the AFAC.

Edit: Fixed typo and added link.

Attachments

• TJ-Afan.jpg
    TJ-Afan.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 44
  • RichardBurton_home.JPG
    RichardBurton_home.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Pontrhydyfen1.jpg
    Pontrhydyfen1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics