CPAP/BIPAP machines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pete:

You are correct, when you are plugged into shore power you are fine.

What you do when boondocking depends upon which machine you have and its capabilities. IF your CPAP has a 12 volt cord you will be able to use it plugged into a lighter type socket connected to the coaches batteries. It will use about 3 amps per hour so should not cause a problem by itself. If your machine only powers the pump while on 12v, not the humidifier you then have a choice of purchasing an inexpensive inverter ($50.00 or less at auto parts stores) and wiring it direct to the coach batteries and using it to provide 120v power from your batteries.

If you do not do that you will be able to use your CPAP without humidity off of 12v but I can only do that for one night or so before my sinus get very uncomfortable.

I take it that you are suggesting an inexpensive modified sine inverter would be adequate. Would a full sine unit make a noticeable difference? We are not averse to stepping up if needed, her health (she uses the machine) and my sleep are worth it.

All I've ever used is a modified sign wave with two different CPAPs with no problems. Also run a MotoSat D2 controller, Linksys router, and HuighesNet 7000 modem on the same inverter.

If you want a full sign wave inverter I'm sure it will work fine.

Back
Top Bottom