Where is the battery disconnect switch on an '03 Winnebago Brave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandra and johnny

Thanks for the prompt reply weewun - we'd like to try what you suggested but can't find the battery disconnect switch.

The batteries are charged but there is no power anywhere and the coach won't start or even try to.....everything is dead. 

On my Brother-in-Law's a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer the Battery Disconnect swith is by the Entry Door and is labeled 'Aux Battery', the same as his older Brave. 

The Battery Boost Switch is by the Driver's seat and that is what parallels the House and Chassis Batteries, it has to be held engaged while you are trying to start.

Since neither his Winnebago or my Monaco Diplomat charge the Chassis Batteries while on Shore Power we each installed a 750ma Battery Tender on the Chassis Batteries.

Thanks again - we finally figured out what the battery disconnect switch was. 

We got it started and everything seems to be working.  Johnny is familiar with the 750ma Battery Tender and is going to install one on the Brave.

Again, we appreciate your very helpful info. 

sandra and johnny said:
....we'd like to try what you suggested but can't find the battery disconnect switch......

On my Itasca Suncruiser the battery disconnect is on the dash console. It is labeled

Aux |????????????|
Batt |                     | ON
OFF |____________|

It is a momentary contact rocker switch which is normally in the neutral position. Pressing the "OFF" side (left) disconnects the batteries and pressing the "ON" side (right) reconnects the batteries to the coach circuits. The state of the latching relay controlled by the switch stays the same until the other side of the switch is pressed.

Our Battery Disconnect switch on our Voyage (was the "Brave" model two years earlier) is on the stepwell by the door.  Yours is there also.

You have the exact model we are looking at - the '03 Winnebago Brave. Mind if I ask how long you have had it and do you like it? We are looking at one and about to buy it. What do you think?

weewun said:
Since neither his Winnebago or my Monaco Diplomat charge the Chassis Batteries while on Shore Power we each installed a 750ma Battery Tender on the Chassis Batteries.

I was not aware of this.  We have a 2003 Brave and I assumed that shore power would charge all of the batteries (engine compartment & chassis)

We also have a roof mounted solar charger. When the batteries have been discharged during the night and we either a) connect to shore power, b) start the generator or c) allow the solar charger to do its thing, they show a full charge not long after.

RetiredLE,

If it is working for you as-is then I would not worry, otherwise try a Trik-L-Start that bridges the two with a low trickle charge to the chassis batteries from the house bettery as a source.  I got one a few weeks ago and it has been working magnificently thus far.  Somewhere in the $40 range after factoring in shipping.

www.lslproducts.com

I had assumed that was how all systems were set up - to charge all the batteries in the system. Makes the most sense.

But then again, I am trying to combine the words 'assumed' and 'makes sense'....

Some rigs do charge both the chassis and house batteries when on shore or generator power while apparently others do not.  Both Bounders we had did and our Eagle does.  The system on the Eagle has some logic involved.  When on shore power the house batteries are charged until fully charged then the chassis batteries are charged.  When the engine is running the chassis batteries are charged and when fully charged the house batteries will be charged.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom