Caravan rentals in AU??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porscheracer

We are considering a cruise that ends in Sydney, and would like to spend a month or so touring AU.  I've researched the online agencies, and they seem a bit expensive.  Would we be better off renting a car and staying in hotels??

Thanks in advance,
Norm

Norm,

Lou Schneider, one of our long time forum members, made an extended trip to Australia some years ago and rented an RV for part of it. His numbers may be a bit out of date, but hopefully Lou will see your message and provide some hints.

Sounds like a fun way to travel. See if you can get hold of the Nathan's.

They did a trek across our country a few years back and hired an RV or campervan for the journey. The last time they were over here they did Australia by long-distance train and had a ball. Maybe that is another option to really get out and see the countryside but with somebody else doing the driving.

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia so yell out if there is any info you would like me to follow up for you.

Likewise there are other Australian's on this board, one family did an RV trek around California sometime last year I think it was.

Hi --

My husband & I travelled in Australia for 4 months last year and had a marvellous time. We rented a small campervan from Travellers Autobarn and were very happy with it. Their vehicles are older but in good condition and were very reasonably priced. They have offices in a number of cities so you can pick it up in one and drop it off in another for a nominal fee. If anything goes wrong with the van, they have authorized service places in most towns. We rented a Hi-Top Toyota Hiace. While it's not luxurious, it was spacious enough for us to sleep in and my husband is 6'7". Some of the equipment, such as chairs & tables are sort of rickety and we invested in a big piece of foam to sleep on right away because we couldn't get comfortable on the cushions, but that was a small price to pay for 4 months of comfortable sleeping.

If you are interested in more information, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Brooke

Hi Brooke, glad to hear that you enjoyed our country.

Why not put together a thread and share some stories and pictures with us, I am sure we would all love to see them and read about your travels.

Norm.... motels cost $80 and up.... I'm in Brisbane, we can travel to Bali and have a cheaper holiday than we can in OZ... NZ is much cheaper to RV around..you can get some great deals on mid size RV's,  the south island is beautiful    we did it a year ago  and it was great, in OZ  they don't like you parking anywhere except a caravan park    Rental cars arent cheap either....and fuel, were now nudging $1:30 per litre 

We just brought an RV in Atlanta and will be spending 6 weeks cruising about... or fixing it.. but we have high hopes

whats the porsche in your login in.... I'm currently building a 356 replica

If you get out here give us a call
If you need help to find a deal on an RV let me know, I'm good at scrounging

Where are you in the US

Regards  Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael