Porch Light Inside Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
T

thebecks

???

2008 Fleetwood Saratoga:
Not happy about opening the door and reaching outside to turn the porch light on.

"Excuse me visitor, while I reach past your face to turn on the light so I can see your face." Or, worse yet, open the door, turn on the light and surprise a skunk that would have been no threat, if I had seen him before opening the door and leaning out.

How do you reach the porch light wires from inside the trailer?
When pushing the wires back and forth from the outside, they seem to be bumping against the back of the under sink cabinet.  It would be nice to be able to install a switch inside the door on the outside of the sink cabinet.

Thanks

Do you have an outdoor light with the switch at the bottom of the light?  Is it mounted on the bottom part of your PUP or on the top part?

thebecks said:
How do you reach the porch light wires from inside the trailer?
When pushing the wires back and forth from the outside, they seem to be bumping against the back of the under sink cabinet.  It would be nice to be able to install a switch inside the door on the outside of the sink cabinet.

So you are trying to put an inside switch in and want to tap into the wires you're hearing when you move the outside connector?  If so I think easiest would be to very carefully tap a hole in the interior wall directly opposite the outside switch - should be able to locate the wires then, assuming a cabinet is not blocking you.

rjf7g said:
Do you have an outdoor light with the switch at the bottom of the light?  Is it mounted on the bottom part of your PUP or on the top part?

The light is on the bottom part, to the left side of the door, when facing into the trailer.

Unfortunately most manufacturers dont have wiring diagrams.  Mostly, an omish worker drew a sketch on a lunch napkin and gave it to the wiring crew for that particular shift. All models will be different , even same models will be different. The manufacturers in Goshen Ind. call this omish engineering.
So to Adress your issue. If you want to change a switch location your going to have to start removing obsatacles such as cabinets moldings even paneling if you dont have all bonded walls.I usually rewire from under neath and run the wire up a cabinet directly under the light if possible  and then fish a wire down. if these are bonded walls this probably wont be possible . Then you will need to attach a wire channel to the interior wall mounted on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom