What transmission do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Voyage1 said:
So now you don't want to know?   Or did you originally want to know?    ::)

Yah, Carson,  maybe we don't need to know if you want to know, but we want to know if you need to know.  You know? ??? ::) :D 

Ok guys, let us not carried away. I asked a simple question... does anyone know?

I never said that I needed to know nor that I had a problem. I guess I have a habit of asking questions that may benefit others.
If I have inconvenienced anyone, I am sorry. Guess I am just a teacher at heart. 

My original post is here: 
As you can see in my sig. info.. I have a 1995 Adventurer, built in late 1994.

I have searched all my manuals and cannot find anything on the auto-transmission. It has the standard PRNDL  shift lever arrangement.

How do I find out? I'll bet someone knows.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to that simple question. I am satisfied with the result, even though I am not in dire need of help.

carson FL

carson said:
Thanks, Don... don't know what to do now. Where was your label attached? A picture, please.

Maybe we can put this thing to rest.  Crawling underneath is not pleasurable, even though I am  slim guy.  :)

carson FL

I did not have to crawl under mine. I was able to see it from the side. My RV is too low to get under. The next time I am in Reno (where my RV is),  I will take a picture of my tranny tag  and post it here.

-Don- SSF, CA

RV Roamer said:
That may be true for some particular line of chassis, but the PRNDL display/lever is selected by the chassis builder separate from the transmission itself, so you cannot make that correlation unless you are talking about identical chassis models.

With at least some trannys, it seems to go by the date of the vehicle such as shown here with the 200-4R:

"Early models had PRND321 on the cluster, while later models had PRNDD21, with the left D identified as the overdrive gear by a square or oval ring."

-Don- SSF, CA

carson said:
Thanks for that link, Don.  Guess I can relax now.

carson Fl

Don't relax until you have the model number for certain.

BTW, I keep a list of all the stuff in my RV with model numbers and serial numbers. You never know when it can be helpful.

It's the first page in a binder before all the manuals for the individual stuff.

Here is what mine looks like so far (where model numbers are left out, I have not yet found!):

Last entry:      6:42 PM 4/2/2009

2000 Fleetwood Tioga24D

9 feet high, plus another 18" for roof A/c. Safe clearance is 10 and a half feet or 126 inches.

VIN:1GBJG31J9Yxxxxx
LIC: CA:5RDGxxx

7.4 L (engine oil 5W30, 6 qts)

Tranny:GM Hydra-Matic 4L80-E                       

FLEETWOOD MOTORHOMES OF CA
PLAN APPROVAL NO.:
FIN:877D17736505
MFD ID NO.:4-1742
MODEL T-D
DATE OF MFR::3 YR R0 00

Owner Relations department at 800-322-8216 to obtain coach manuals.

Refrigerator:Dometic Model RM 2652  s/n 94700133

Furnace: Suburban Manufacturing Company:

MH12340  101631 ?    6.5 amps

Coleman MACH THEROMOSTAT

Stove:Magic Chef

Microwave:Samsung

Tolet: Thetford

Water Heater:Atwood Products model G6A-8E

Generator:Onan MicroQuiet 4000
model:4KY FA261OOJ
S/N C000070384

Intel-Power PD9140A Power Converter. 9100 Charge Wizard

Pressure Pro TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Model RVGPM16-1.4

S/N 27259

[email protected]
[email protected]
(623)535-8760 (602)741-7751

Tires:

Front:Federal MS 351 A/T LT 225/75R16 use 65 psi max air in front tires

Rear:Firestone Transforce LT 225/75R16  115/112R 80 psi max air in rear tires

DonTom said:
BTW, I keep a list of all the stuff in my RV with model numbers and serial numbers.

Winnie gives us a sheet with serial #s recorder for the major house stuff, but expanding that to include all relevant info would be handy indeed.

carson said:
   As you can see in my sig. info.. I have a 1995 Adventurer, built in late 1994.

I have searched all my manuals and cannot find anything on the auto-transmission. It has the standard PRNDL  shift lever arrangement.

How do I find out? I'll bet someone knows.

carson FL

Here are some pics of my 4L80-E. I have a pix of where the numbers are engraved (per your request) as well as the tranny oil pan (yeah, mine comes with a drain plug!)

Note the tranny dipstick tube right above the pan on the front right side. Just to the left of where the tranny dipstick tube enters the tranny is where the tranny number is engraved.

-Don- (Reno, NV)​

Attachments

• 4l80E1.JPG
    4l80E1.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 4l80e2.JPG
    4l80e2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 4L80E.JPG
    4L80E.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 4L80EPan.JPG