Opinions wanted on the 97 Adventurer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t2427537

I?ve spent the last few weeks looking to buy a used class A with a wheelchair lift. As you can imagine the choices have been slim but I have found a few units. Quite by surprise a 97 Winnebago Adventurer showed up at the local RV dealer in Panama City. The next closer unit I?ve found is in Orlando about 7 hours away.

The question I have is that the Winnebago is priced at $14,000, which is what it?s listed for in NADA (the just base price for something with 79K miles, no options added) but when I look up the year and model on RVT or other sites prices range usually in the 20?s. Can anybody tell about the 97 Adventurer, does it have any problems I should worry about? Is this model prone to any problems. If the price was from an individual I wouldn?t be as cautious but from a dealer It seems to low. Any help will be appreciated.

The NADA book is a good indicator the price is OK. I suspect the dealer simply wants to be rid of a model that appeals only to certain customers. The asking prices on RVT are often unrealistic - people price it based on what they still owe or what they think there beloved toy ought to be worth and it takes months for reality to catch up to them.

I know of no particular problem with the 97 Adventurer. Is it the Ford chassis or a Chevy P30?  What about the age of the tires? All systems working? Etc etc etc

Let us know what type of chassis it is....we are good about rating chassis manufacturers around here.  ;)

And the year model?  I haven't heard of that year having more or less problems than any of the other years.  Its all about the construction techniques, and Winnebago's roof to sidewall construction is tops in the industry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom