34H: Looking for a cable path

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

I'm trying to fish a path between the bed where the main breaker panel is, and the "One-Place" panel probably no more than 8' away for a SurgeGuard panel. I am fishing between the One-Place wall where I can get into the space behind the hamper, and down, but get hung-up hard on what appears to be the floor ducting a few feet in. I have dropped lights down into the basement area at the breaker panel and tried to see them with a see-snake camera and nothin'. Has anyone ever made this run successfully or should I be looking at an alternative path over to the passenger side and then down and over (PITA, but dooable) ?

Also does anyone have the Freightliner drawings on a 34H showing the ducting in this area? The Winnie drawings quit at the floor and show nothing as far as cable routing.

Thanks, Jeff

Hey Jeff, How about through the outside sewer bay?  I noted while putting in my SeeLevel system that there was a wire path that went from the top of the holding tanks to the one place panel.  Not sure how much of a PITA it is to get through to your holding tank area though.........

Sarge

SargeW said:
Hey Jeff, How about through the outside sewer bay?  I noted while putting in my SeeLevel system that there was a wire path that went from the top of the holding tanks to the one place panel.  Not sure how much of a PITA it is to get through to your holding tank area though.........

Sarge
That was my plan-b, and judging by the replies on the question that may be the way to go. I've been through there twice: once for the solar, and once for power for the Macerator under the fridge. I ain't fun but I'm thinking that if I can get the cable out the access panel I can refeed it around the ducting. Grrrrr......

And now the happy ending:

There is a clear path in the water/ elect bay that comes up under the shower, and then under the bathroom counter where you have easy access to the One Place panel. It was a easy 1 try poke with a snake. Also from this bay is a ridiculously easy passthrough to the breaker panel area under the bed where the SurgeGuard in installed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom