Caravan Club question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Mick & Pat said:
In the UK there are just two main clubs, The Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club

My parents belonged to the South Wales Caravan Club, but I don't recall formal campgrounds/sites; Rally marshals used to reserve a farmer's field. See this image of a rally badge. I've wondered if this was part of the CC or not, and made a mental note to ask my cousin who used to be in the SWCC and is still an active caravanner.

Received my answer this morning which, I believe, clears up my confusion:

"The Caravan Club do run rallies in farmers fields, run by rally marshals who take it in turns. Each area has its own centre, but you can join (attend) any centre rally. The Caravan Club also have their own sites, and they are cheaper per night than commercial sites. They used to be only 5 van sites, but I don't know what they are now. It is the same club though."

hi tom
the caravan club here operate 2 types of sites. One is your standard camping site with all amenities and the other are certified locations *cl*  these are usually situated on farms or rural  places. facilities are usually minimal, no toilets no showers, ie just a fresh water tap and a toilet emptying point and sometimes  electric hook ups. The cl sites are the ones that you talk of that are limited to 5 mh  at any one time.
regards
happy camper 1 :)

Hi tom the Caravan Club (CC) and Caravaning and Camping club (CCC) both have their own sites, neither are particularly cheap nowadays, and in many cases commercial sites will be cheaper, but the one thing you can rely on is the excellent standard of the sites.

5 van sites are allowed by law, and administered by "Natural England" anyone can apply to Natural England for a certificate to authorise 5 van sites. They don't require planning permission, although most of the organisations like the CC and CCC would consult with them. The standard varies, the big two generally want a certain level of facilities for their sites, others will accept a field. Prices can vary from ?5 or less to ?15 or more. one I was on recently was ?13 a night with 10amp electric, and a proper shower and toilet block.

Ian

olley said:
Hi tom the Caravan Club (CC) and Caravaning and Camping club (CCC) both have their own sites, neither are particularly cheap nowadays, and in many cases commercial sites will be cheaper, but the one thing you can rely on is the excellent standard of the sites.

5 van sites are allowed by law, and administered by "Natural England" anyone can apply to Natural England for a certificate to authorise 5 van sites. They don't require planning permission, although most of the organisations like the CC and CCC would consult with them. The standard varies, the big two generally want a certain level of facilities for their sites, others will accept a field. Prices can vary from ?5 or less to ?15 or more. one I was on recently was ?13 a night with 10amp electric, and a proper shower and toilet block.

Ian

Both the clubs are predominatly for caravans but have in the past allowed RV's onto the sites but it seems at least in the case of The Caravan Club they seem to now have an unwritten rule to deter RV's from getting on the sites. The cl's on the other hand are much more laid back and usually if you can fit on you are welcome. :)

Alan

Back
Top Bottom