Trik-L Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallyo

Ok folks, now that I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Ultra Trik-L- Start, I have been reading about it. The recommendation is to permanently install it either directly to  the batteries or to the battery isolator. Seems like the isolator route maybe the most affective.

I have a 2007 Winnebago Adventurer, I do not readily see an isolator, either in /near the battery compartment ( under steps) or under the hood. I have not taken off the doghouse roof yet.

Question is does anyone know where the exact location of the battery isolator is?? On Winnebago website I think I have found the wiring diagram but I don't see any reference to the location?
My next call will be to Winnie but I figure I might as well chat first.... ::)

Hi Ya:

Have  a 2008 Itasca Sunrise 32 H.  My battery isolator can be found in the first outside compartment on the passenger side.  I then had to remove the panel on the rear side of that compartment.  There I found the two selonoids involving the chassis and house batteries.  The panel was right below the converter which was attached to the rear wall just above the panel.
Hope this gets you started as I also had a hard time finding them.  I attached my Trik-L Start directly to the batteries as there was more room there in the battery compartment.  It seems to working fine.

Tallyo, yes your isolator is in your batter compartment under your steps.  It's a small 3" round device that your batter cables are screwed into.  Lean your head down and you can see it's at the top of your batteries on the top back wall of your battery compartment.  :)

No one ever said I was the smartest fish in the tank, but I don't see anything in my battery compartment that even resembles an isolator.
I suspect it maybe out of sight and behind something. In that case I need to wire it directly to the batteries so I can easily monitor it by lifting a step....

Thanks for the info......folks

Be aware their are two solenoids, most likely next to each other.  One when not energized disconnects the house batteries from the house, the other one bridges house and chassis banks together for charging under alternator or when "Battery Boost" is depressed.

The suggestion to operate the switch(s) is an excellent one - have a helper operate the contactors while you hone in on the sound. 

Winnebago has published installation instructions here.  Here is a page from Trombetta (which Winnie uses) with a picture of a typical contactor.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

I am a guy who unplugs a lamp to change a light bulb.... I no nothing of electricity/currents/ amps or volts.

Now if anyone wants to discuss the "rule of 78's" as it applies to certain loans/mortgages or financial documents then I'm yer guy 8)

Since I have a solar panel that keeps the house batteries charged when not plugged in I guess hooking up directly to the batteries is my best option.....

tallyo said:
Now if anyone wants to discuss the "rule of 78's" as it applies to certain loans/mortgages or financial documents then I'm yer guy 8)

Oh my gosh - I haven't heard that phrase since I took a finance class in college xx years ago  :eek:.

IF two solenoids are side by side touch may work better than sound.. Just lay a finger tip gently on the suspect and have your partner hit the AUX-START button, if you feel it, that's likely the one (But check the other just to be sure

Check 2, without shore power use a test lamp or volt meter  12 + volts on both terminals with lights on in rig, Normal .. Operate DISCONNECT switch

If the lights in rig go out and 12 volts is no longer on ONE terminal.. HOUSE solenoid

The isolator will always have roughly 12-13 volts on both sides.

tallyo said:
Tallyo,

I think that New York State has a law that prohibits the use of the Rule of 78s formula in all credit transactions and the U.S Congress passed a law that prohibits the use of the Rule of 78s formula in credit transactions if the term is longer than 5 years and one month.

Has my memory completely failed me or do I remember this correctly?

The State of NY could well have passed such a bill. I worked in 11 states, one was NY, before I retired 11 years ago... Things change except my golf scores........ ;D

This has to be the greatest forum on the net..... where else can we discuss batteries , solenoids and interest calculations all on the same page??? :-\

Last week I was helping a friend whose husband recently passed to get her coach ready for the road. After checking the batteries (under the 2nd step) I couldn't get the step all the way back in. I found that the riser had slipped down preventing the step from going all the way back. When I pulled the riser out, there was a sign: "Battery Solenoids inside" (or something like that.) Maybe that's where your are.

Ok folks... the Trik-L-Start is installed and the lights say it's working........

ChasA was right .. behind the riser on the 2nd step is a fuse panel with the battery isolator on the back side. The riser is easy to slide in and out, even has a convenient strap to hold on to.

I think Winnebago likes to hide certain things just to keep the owners on the ball!. It's like the guy who installs the CB wiring and tucks the wiring bundle under the dash board. I believe he falls asleep each night chuckling at the thought of owners trying to find exactly where he tucked them. ;D

If anyone needs expert advice on Trik-L-Starts just refer them to me 8)

Thanks again folks for all the invaluable assistance.......

ok I have a trik-l start question ;D do I need one ??? my 06 tour has 3 house, and 2 start batteries. The start batteries alway's seem to be dead,yet if I plug the coach into the 50amp service, it charges them, well it seems too. This last time however I had to use the battery boost to start the coach even after it was pluged into the wall for a day ???

so what do I need, besides some new battery's now :mad:

Back
Top Bottom