You know.. I think I"m getting out of here just in time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Was just finishing my last forums run this after noon when BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG (many bangs) sounded like... Well, Gunshots

And so it was, the house next door, which was JUST this week vacated, is full of holes that were not there yesterday.

At least the shooters had good aim (they only hit that one house)  Too bad I did not have the recorder on the front door watching them

If I lived in Detroit, I would immediately move to IRAQ where it's proven to be safer.

The yearly civilian violent death rate in IRAQ is 27.5 per 100,000.  In Detroit, it's 41.5 per 100,000.

Where's the exit strategy for pulling out of Detroit?

HAVE GUN.
WILL TRAVEL.

RAY D  8)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  ::) :p

Seriously, John, get out of there! My similar experience began Friday, day after Thanksgiving, 1987. Launched me on a new career, new experiences, for 20 years - no pay. Wouldn't trade the experience off - any price. Wouldn't do it again - any price!  :eek: :mad: :D ::)

Did you notice any narcotics activity, prior to that?  ??? Were you paying attention to that?  ???
(I got blindsided. It was there, but I was not paying attention.  :-\ )

Light the burner up on that Damon, and get moving!  ;D

Ray D  ;D

geodrake said:
Why aren't you gone?

I'll pick this one to reply to.. Technically I am gone, or very close to it,, Put water in the rig today (80 gallons with bleach then 80 gallosn with baking soda, put in 80 more with ... NOTHING tomorrow)  Move the computer to the rig Monday,  Finish cleaning out the house Mon and Tues, move everything I'm not hauling to storage or to the trash yard or re-cycle over the next couple of weeks and end of the month I take the advice of that song

"Hit the Road Jack"

Actually I"m not too worried, the shooters wont' be back any time soon,  The house is empty, the targets have moved, and when they don't hear on the news how they killed people they won't come back.  The police are on it.. Not that I have much hope there.  but basically, I am outta here

I do wish I'd had the door camera on though  It feeds a recorder

Yes we are planing on full timing, (have been so planing for a long time)

New user name will be John FROM Detroit (All caps here to highlight0 instead of John In Detroit

I do not expect much in the way of updates. the shooters likely now know that there is nobody living there so all they killed was house, they won't be back and I"ll be taking action to get the property secured either by the bank that owns it or a city owned bulldozer

Just curious John,
Were you really in the city boundary's of Detroit, on in a near burb.   ??? Were you able to sell the house? If not who will guard it while its on the market to keep the electrical, plumbing, appliance's and siding from disappearing? ;D

codgerbill said:
Just curious John,
Were you really in the city boundary's of Detroit, on in a near burb.   ??? Were you able to sell the house? If not who will guard it while its on the market to keep the electrical, plumbing, appliance's and siding from disappearing? ;D

I am in the city, I'm close enough to taste the burbs but I'm in the city, (LIke five blocks)

No sale, but I do have people paying rent  Have deposit in bank, and we are working on it

I'm very tired, and posting FROM the motor home.. Still hard wire and on the big computer but I'm in the motor home YIPPIE

John FROM Detroit, has a good sound to it ;)

So with all of that excitement I can imagine the clamour from the rest of the Framily, a variation of the old childhood mantra, all the Framily will be saying, "Have you left yet?", "Have you left yet?", "Have you left yet?"

:-*

I think a lot of us oldtimers in the burbs of the big "D" were originally from the big "D". My brother and I sat on the upstairs porch and watched some of the city burn in 68 ( Maby it was 67..i forget   :D). It is really such a shame as the D had so much to offer prior to that. Shortly after we made the decision to move as far away as was convenient to where I was employed. We still live in a diverse neighboorhood but I could probably leave the doors unlocked and not worry. Good luck on your new lifestyle and I hope you can keep your place occupied with renters who are respectful of your property.

Congratulations!  I'm John FROM Chicago.  Retired from the police department May 2001 and left town June 2001.  Now it's a great place to visit.  Of course my youngest just joined the Chicago PD so I still have something to worry about.  Again, congratulation on your timely exit.

MPG8.1 said:
I'm John FROM Chicago. 

Hi, I am Don, born in,  from and work in San Francisco!  I never found much of a reason to leave!

BTW, a guy I work with was once a Chicago cop.  Back in 2001, did you know any cops with the name of Rich  Stxxxien? (I don't want to spell out his full last name with asking for his permission).

-Don- SF, CA

Back
Top Bottom