Cat 3126e Intake Air Pre-heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardcron

On my 02' Fleetwood Discovery, the intake air pre-heater doesn't seem to be working. The "Wait to Start" indicator cycles when the key is turned on but the engine will not start in mildly cold weather without running the block heater. I used to be able to get it to start after cycling the ignition switch a few times (a tech at K&C RV told me to do that to warm-up the intake, which worked even in 30-40 degree temperatures) although I would get the usual smoke at startup. Ever since I had the coach in for a recall (supposedly associated with the pre-heater) at the local Cat shop, it hasn't seemed to work. I didn't notice it until cold weather returned and the Cat people were such but-heads that I just never followed up on it. It's been several years and I would just like to figure this out. I've looked at the engine and tried to trace out the function but I understand that there is a control relay mounted on the engine that powers the heater - Anyone have any info? Picture? Thanks very much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom