Interior Cab cover for Minnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReAnn

I've Goggled and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for - so probably calling it by the wrong name or not looking in the right place.

I have a 2004 Minnie Winne with a very nice 'privacy curtain' which I snap in place every evening, but take down during the day as I really love and need as much light in my life as possible.  What I'm looking for is something that covers the dash, steering wheel and goes up over the back of the seats.  I will be at my Yellowstone work/camp park for 4 months and don't want the uv rays ruining the interior of the cab.

Ideas?  Suggestions?

ReAnn

Reann,

We have a heavy duty screen cloth (best way I can describe it) that goes over the outside of the front window and side windows; easy to put on/take off.  It keeps the UV rays out, but lets you see through it.  People can't see in during the day; but can at night.  They are custom made for your year and make of camper.  That would protect your dash, seat and steering wheel from sun damage.  Then you could put a tension rod behind the back of the seats and draw a curtain across it at night; but pull it apart for daytime as Tom suggested.

Just a thought.

Marsha~

In trying to visualize what you're describing, I can't remember seeing anything like it.

Would an external cover (attached pic) be satisfactory?

Attachments

• IMG_3647Sm2.jpg
    IMG_3647Sm2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 39
Thanks guys, you either suggested a cover for the outside of the windows or a curtain for the inside, which I already have.  I guess I am not describing what I want/need very well.  I do not want the window's covered during the daytime.  I want something that will go on the inside only, will go from where the front window meets the dash, come up and over the steering wheel and ends just over the tops of the 2 seats.  Something like this will allow the light from the front cab windows to shine in but will keep the dash and seats from becoming faded and ruined by the harsh rays.    Did I explain it a little better?

ReAnn

I have a Wbgo... can't really picture what you want. Let me show you what I have below.

The curtain is on a sliding rack just below the windshield edge inside. It is two piece, as shown in picture. It will cover the steering wheel and close off the entire window, ending at dash level. It covers all three windows; both sides and windshield.

If you want it to be a little higher to let some light in, just cut of the bottom and  sew up a new seam.

Best I can do from my viewpoint.

carson FL.

Attachments

• Front port.jpg
    Front port.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Front port.jpg
    Front port.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 59
The outside covers do allow light in but not harmful rays. They also keep the inside cooler because the windshield stays cooler. You can see out very well and others cannot see in in daylight.

It sounds like she is looking for a tonneau cover type of unit...may have to custom make one if she doesn't want to go the screen route.

Way back when we had a class C MH, we used a sheet of opaque vinyl and some weights, fishing if I remember correctly, and stretched it from the dash and let it hang over the back of the seats.  A canvas drop cloth would work as will a number of other things from the fabric stores.  If you want to go a little fancier, a canvas shop could make a cover and have attachment points added to keep it in place.

Just a thought or two.  :)

Hi :  We work at glacier national park during the summer.  We also like to have a lot of sunlight during the day.  My wife puts down a sheet or folded blanket down on the front dash and then puts pictures and ornaments on that.  Mkaes it look kind of like a kind of like a coffee table.  You could then put a towel or domething decroative over the steering wheel or just a steering wheel cover to protect it.  The seats are turned inward and act as chairs for the living room and need little protection from the sun.  It works well for us.

russ 

The mother of invention is a good fabric store.  And Russ, you and Jim figured out what I was looking for.  I found a heavy felt in exactly the same shade as my upholstery, which comes 72" wide.  Bought the width and using the GPS dash-weight holder to anchor it, laid it over the dash, steering wheel and draped over the back of the seats - perfect!  Now the privacy curtain can come down during the day, letting in the sunlight, the dash and seats won't be destroyed by the sun and it costs me a whopping $2.84 cents with my 50% off coupon. 

Thanks!

ReAnn

Great solution and cheaper than I thought it could be.  Good for you.

I find fabric stores, hobbly stores, etc. to be great sources for my various problem solutions.  I often get challenged while wandering around with "can I help you" to which I usually answer, "I'm inventing and am just browzing".  That usually gets a laugh and I'm left alone although I do get some wierd looks from time to time.    :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom