RV Park in the Ozarks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
Hi all,

Tim and I are planning on going through NW Arkansas on the way back to So Cal during the first part of October.  Does anyone have a suggest as to where to stay.  We want to explore the "ozarks", but I'm finding that it's a big span of miles and I'm not sure the best area to stay to say "we've been there".  Any suggestions.  We were thinking of traveling on Hwy 62 across the northern part of the state.

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Tim and I are planning on going through NW Arkansas on the way back to So Cal during the first part of October. 

Marsha,

Eureka Springs is high on my list.

Phil

MarshaLassen/CA said:
Hi all,

Tim and I are planning on going through NW Arkansas on the way back to So Cal during the first part of October.? Does anyone have a suggest as to where to stay.? We want to explore the "ozarks", but I'm finding that it's a big span of miles and I'm not sure the best area to stay to say "we've been there".? Any suggestions.? We were thinking of traveling on Hwy 62 across the northern part of the state.

Marsha~

Lot's of hills and turns in that area.  You will start enjoying the Ozarks at Mountain Home and Bull Shoals Lake.  Do make sure you stop and explore Eureka Springs as Phil recommended. On 62 just west of Eureka Springs there is a Wayfarers Chapel that is a must see.  It is a Gothic all glass Contemporary Chapel set in the woods.  Outstanding piece of architecture.  I suggest you drive there is your tow vehicle without the trailer.  You could also swing up to Branson, MO to see a show or two.  That's due north of Harrison.

On your way further west, you could stop in Miami, OK and visit the Newell Coach Manufacturing plant.

If you get a bit further North, try Acorn Acres http://www.bestbransonrvpark.com/. It is peaceful and quiet, yet only about 1.5 miles from Silver Dollar City. Our favorite sites there are numbers 48 to 55, 1c to 10c, and 16c. All of the sites listed are back-ins. I don't remember if they had any pull throughs?

Many campgrounds in the area have pretty primitive interior roads and sites which aren't very level. Acorn Acres is easy to get around in and you will find the sites generally level.

Thanks Ron, Dave and Phil.

We had Mountain Home picked out and we'll be sure and check out Eureka Spring.  Also, Dave, I had looked at Acorn acres and thought it looked pretty good.  We'll put it on our list.

Thanks everyone!

Marsha~

DW and I would second the stay at Acorn Acres.? Clean, quite and well maintained.? Close to Silver Dollar City and once you figure out the back roads no real traffic problems getting to and from Branson.

Back
Top Bottom