Whole House Water Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Tried this yesterday, Camping World has an add on filter for about $59.  Looking at it I realized it looked pretty similar to the one I bought at Lowes.  So, back to Lowes, Whirlpool cannister filter for about $20.  2 brass 3/4" to hose fitting at $3.50 each.  Bracket to mount filter, $6.  $33 total.  Don't remember whether you get a filter cartridge at CW but a 2 pack charcoal filter was $9.  So, add that in, up to $42 with an extra filter. 

Fun project, got to play plumber for a little bit.  I added a short run to go from the out port to city water i, and added my pressure regulator on the input side.  For ease of routing a couple brass 90 deg adapters.  My regulator also has the indicator, so I am seeing 70 psi in, (wow!). I suppose I could get anohter showing pressure out, but heck I am not that anal. 

Neat item I found in Quartzsite for hose connections, bought a pair there, and they also sell them at CW.  These are pretty neat, I have one at the input to the filte setup, (on the in to the reg), and one on the hose.  No drips, quickly put on. 

Attachments

• Hose connect.jpg
    Hose connect.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 50
  • Filtersm.jpg
    Filtersm.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam