Help needed on Installing a wheelchair lift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t2427537

I had been looking for a class A with a lift installed but I've across a deal too good to walk away from. A 31 foot 1991 Pace Arrow and a  Braun lift for under $8000.

The problem is I have to cut a 45 Inch opening in the outside wall to install the lift. I have no fears about doing the work. My family has been in the home remolding business for over 40 years and replaced doors and windows and torn down walls 100's of times in homes but taking a saw to an RV is a new project.

While I appreciate the amount the work involved the companies I've contacted that do lift installations want 8K to 10K and I just think that's too much too spend, especially on 17 year old unit

Is there anyone out there that has done anything similar that I could get some advice from?
I can fabricate a frame if required but does anyone know of a company that makes oversize window or door frames?
Other than lots of praying have I missed anything?

1. Carefully cut the hole?
2. Brace any supports
3. Rewire any wiring in the way
4 Install a frame in the opening and around the cut out panel
5.Install hinges, weather seal and a lock

I don't think it will be that difficult. RVs are wired differently than houses. In house wiring the wiring goes through the walls. With RVs most of the wiring is done in raceways. So unless you see an outlet of some kind where you are going to place the hole then you should not run into wiring. The plumbing is usually in the basement. I say go for it.

PS I am a retired electrician.

t2427537 said:
I had been looking for a class A with a lift installed but I've across a deal too good to walk away from. A 31 foot 1991 Pace Arrow and a  Braun lift for under $8000.

Howdy.
I can't give you any advice on your project but have you seen this article?  Maybe there might be some good info for you here.  Good luck. :)

Liz
[edit]Fixed link.[/edit]

Liz thank you so much. The information was very helpful and provided some good contacts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom