Replacing Ol' Yeller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your 4WD days are never over. There's always someone to give you a ride. Shoot, you could even in our RED Explorer or the VW (beetles can go anywhere). I bet you'll have a great time in Little Red.

Wendy
Abiquiu Lake, NM

That WAF.. Very Very Very Very Important

The HHR is a nice ride, bit Retro in appearance but a very nice car. It's on my list of rides to look closely at should I ever replace my "little red wagon"

meyerhaus said:
Nice.  Make sure you "woodyize" it.

Jon

I don't think it will score very high on the WAF ;). We will be in Cincinnati on Thursday for a week, I'll let you take a look at it.

WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor...very, very important

Bernie - Avatar sure will take some getting used to ! But at least you guys went with another easy-to-see color. How's the clearance on Little Red? Maybe you can still tail-gun on 4WD runs as long as they're not serious ones.

Wendy
Abiquiu Lake NM

BernieD said:
Little Red is only 2 wheel FWD, sorry to say our 4 wheel drive days are over, just tours over graded roads.

Bernie,

I feel your pain.  Our "new"  Acura  MDX will not have the same  off road capabiliites that  our GMC Envoy did and it was the biggest disappointment of having totaled the car.  However I have toyed with the idea of renting a jeep when/if we really want to do some serious rides again.  I just hate to give up on the idea of off road travels.  AND riding in the back seat just will not have the same effect as peering out over the hood and wondering what is out there to cause us to drop off.

Nice car.

Betty

Hi Betty, In stead of renting a Jeep, why not buy mine. Problem is you may have to wait a while before it is for sale. I intend to live another 20 years. Needless to say we love ours; it is DW's dream for all travel, except in the RV.  see pix below.

carson FL

Attachments

• Jeep large front.jpg
    Jeep large front.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 31
Betty Brewer said:
AND riding in the back seat just will not have the same effect as peering out over the hood and wondering what is out there to cause us to drop off.

Betty,

I will have to remember that when you insist that I set in the front passenger seat and you sit in the rear when I, or Linda and I, bum a ride with you guys.  :)  ;D

You bet, Ron. The only way to go for a couple of geezers. ;D

Makes you feel young again. And you never get a speeding ticket.

carson

carson said:
Hi Betty, In stead of renting a Jeep, why not buy mine. Problem is you may have to wait a while before it is for sale. I intend to live another 20 years.

Carson,

Thanks for the offer to  purchase your jeep.  We actually had a real chance this week to purchase a tricked out jeep but alas budget priorites got in the way.  I am getting a built in swimming pool  but we'll happily take a ride in yours at any rally where we may run into you (er uh) I mean meet you.

Betty

Single reply to a number of questions:

Meyerhaus:

Wendy answered the WAF acronym.

We are staying at the FMCA camping facility at the FMCA Round Bottom Road location. There are full hookups and some w/e sites there that are available to all FMCA members two days a month, with reservation only, and only when there is no Executive Board meeting scheduled, so any FMCA member can stay there for no charge when available. I am on the National Finance Committee which is having a meeting along with the Executive Board so will have a week's reservation.

Wendy, I'm not sure how long that avatar will stay but it is fun for now. The HHR is two wheel front drive with a fairly low clearance, so it would have to be some fairly smooth roads. Palm Valley should be OK, Southern Cross is probably out.

We're going to miss the off road trips, but in all honesty, it was getting harder and harder to get a group going. And with Moab out of the picture for the foreseeable future, we are really only looking at a potential usage only  during one week each year. Couldn't find something that fit the bill in the same price range and which could be made towable in just a couple of days.

Betty, ok, no sale then. Did you ever get into the back seats in on of these things? You have to be a bit of an acrobat, i.e very agile. Sure makes the perfect toad for a couple, though.

carson

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom