Get Well Wishes to Russ Mahoney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
I wanted to let the Framily know some news about  Russ.

On Thursday afternoon Russ experienced chest pains, and called Jeff Cousins who took him to hospital in Phoenix area.  Terry and I spoke to Russ this morning while he is still in hospital.  He was having tests as we were speaking on phone and  doctors were scheduling additional tests  later today 4/24. 

Russ said he thinks he likely had a small heart attack yesterday and that following the test results  the next steps would be determined. He said he was not having any pain now and sounded pretty good on the phone. 

He did tell us that he thinks his doctors will delay his trip out to Zion so we are in "a wait and see" mode.  As we get information that Russ wishes to share,  I will post it here.

I wanted to let you know so you could send those good vibes, thoughts and prayers his way. 

Betty Brewer

Golly, gee Betty!  Thanks for posting that!  I always thought that Russ was pretty much indestructible.  Our good thoughts and best wishes are going out post-haste!  Let him know that we expect to see him if not at Zion, at Bryce or Capitol Reef.....

Daisy

Sorry to hear that about Russ.  We'll be thinking of him and await further updates.

Thanks for letting us know about Russell's medical difficulty, Betty.  I'm sending virtual hugs his way.  Get well soon, Russ.  We want to see you in Oregon this year.

Margi

Sam and I are sorry to hear of Russ's medical issues.  Thanks for letting us know.  Please tell Russ we are thinking of him and remmembering him in our thoughts and prayers. 

Betty, please forward our best wishes to Russ. Hoping for a short hospital stay and back on the road.  :)

Ray and Dani

Thanks Betty for keeping us informed on Russ's condition.
If all of us that care about Russ were to call the hospital to check on him we would severely tax the staff's ability to care for our friend.
Bundles of hugs and prayers to Russ
and a special thank you to you.

helaine and Wally

Here's wishing that Russ will have a speedy and complete recovery, and that he'll be on the road very soon.

Tom & Chris

I got a call from Russ's phone last nite. Not Russ but his phone. Our phone rang and when I answered I could hear some people in the background, but, as loud as I hollered, nobody talked into the phone. I couldn't figure what was going on so I hung up and called back a little while later and Jeff answered and gave me the news. It was still early and no information was really available, but it is good to hear that Russ is doing better.

Betty,

Thanks so much for letting us know.  Please do tell Russ we have loads of virtual hugs and good thoughts coming his way.  Maybe if we all think positively he'll be able to make it to the entire Hop, Skip, and Jump.  ;D  We want him out of the hospital and back on the road PRONTO.  Get Well SOON Russ!

Love to Russ from us both,
Ardra and Jerry

UPDATE:  Friday 4/24/09  2 pm

I just got a phone call from Pam, Russ' sister who also lives in the Phoenix area.  She was in the room with Russ and reported that he is back from his heart cath procedure where Doctors  were able to put 2 stents into the left side of his heart.  Russ was told to rest and lay flat.  His complaint is that the  surfaces on which he has to lie flat are  too hard and very uncomfortable, especially those in the emergency room last night.

No one had come in to give them any  updates just yet.  Russ is in the Del Webb Memorial Hospital. 

A humerous note:  Jeff Cousins shared with me this morning that when he arrived at the emergency  with Russ yesterday afternoon, Russ began to tell the admitting personnel about his myacardial, hoopy doo la te dahhh (My words to describe the technical medical information/jargon  Russ was using) Russ is after all a physician so he knew the diagnosis...............Jeff just kicked in with "What he is trying to tell you is that he thinks he's having a heart attack"  Then they jumped into action.  Thank you Jeff for being there!

Oh by the way.  Russ brought his cell phone and laptop with him to emergency.  Some of us are really addicted to our  technology....Ya think??  Not sure if he can get on line or not.  I'll keep relaying messages.

Betty

Thanks for the update Betty. We're sending good vibes and hugs Russ's way. It's gonna be hard, but he's gonna have to do what the doctors tell him to do !!

Wendy
Cortez CO

Wendy:

You have to be there while Dr Mahoney is updating emergency room personnel on his condition to  understand who's telling who. :D

Pam says he hopes to be coming home tomorrow so here's hoping....

Please pass on our virtual hugs and best wishes to Russ and our prayers will be with him for a speedy recovery.  We too would like to see him back on the road quickly and in good health again.

Thanks to you, Betty, for passing on the information.

And, I forgot earlier, thanks to Jeff for taking Russ into the hospital.  That translation was probably the most important thing you could have done, next to getting him there in the first place.  Isn't this group the greatest!!!

ArdraF

Jeff said:
Wendy:

You have to be there while Dr Mahoney is updating emergency room personnel on his condition to  understand who's telling who. :D

Pam says he hopes to be coming home tomorrow so here's hoping....

:D :D :D  I can just hear him now!  My sweet Dr. Mahoney.  :D  I just hope he receives the same tender loving care he arranged for me to receive in Iowa.

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom