Davis Cabinets work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Hi Jim,

We're at Camp Davis and Shaun just finished. So I'm typing on my new desk although we haven't bought a chair yet  ;D

Just called Monaco to see if they can get us in early (tomorrow instead of Monday), but had to leave a voicemail. That might also dictate where we stay tonight. This is an OK campground, but the trains wake you up quite often  ;D

Do we have to wait for you to get a chair before we see Shauns work? ??? ??? ??? ;D  Looking forward to the photos.

What trains wake you up.  They never seem to bother me.  Fact I didn't hear one since we been here. ;D

Ron

No photos until the cherry wood has aged and blended to the same color as the rest of the coach  ;D

Qz will be too soon for the cherry to blend in Ron.

OK, enough nagging. Here's before, during and after photos of the sofa/desk area. Shaun did a couple of other jobs also.

Anyone have a Euro chair to donate to a good cause? Will only be used for forum work and for sysop power naps.

Attachments

• sofa_table.jpg
    sofa_table.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • sofa_removed.jpg
    sofa_removed.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,219
  • cabinets_in_process.jpg
    cabinets_in_process.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 960
  • desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,003
Tom,

The cabs look like cherry. If so, and they can be removed, leave them out in bright sunlight for a couple of days and they will darken up rapidly.

Woody

LOL Woody, they just got permanently installed today, so I don't think they'll be coming out any time soon.

Understand they'll darken up with time. We have cherry cabinets at home and, when we added a couple of things, it didn't take too long for the colors to get closer together.

Thanks Ron. Do you have any spare cushions?

Shaun also added a shelf under the bedroom TV. Don't know why Monaco didn't make provision for a DVD or VCR back there. Presumably they assumed the one up front being switched was sufficient.

He couldn't complete a third project because the Corian supplier messed him around. He's getting it made for me to pick up Tomorrow or Monday and I'll install it when we get home.

Attachments

• TV_shelf.jpg
    TV_shelf.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 335
Looks good Tom.  Shaun does excellent work.

Oh don't have any spare cushions but might be able to find a folding patio chair. ;D

Ron said:
might be able to find a folding patio chair

LOL that's what I'm using temporarily. Sure beats sitting on the floor. We checked Countryside Interiors (near Davis); They had a couple of Ekornes chairs I liked, but I decided to wait until we get home and try the ones we have there.

Tom said:
LOL that's what I'm using temporarily. Sure beats sitting on the floor. We checked Countryside Interiors (near Davis); They had a couple of Ekrones chairs I liked, but I decided to wait until we get home and try the ones we have there.

Tom,

Nice work. When looking for Ekorness chairs remember that no one retailer is allowed to carry all models. Makes it difficult to find exactly what you want. There is a retailer in Eugene but I don't remember the street.

Jim

Betty gave me the name and address of a dealer in Eugene, although we didn't get there yet. We visited one in Springfield.

Tom,

On the main street of Junction City there is an RV furniture store.  When we were there they had 3/4 size Scandinavian chairs that looked good.  The 3/4 size fit nicely in a MH.  If you drive from Davis to main street you turn right and it's on the right.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. That's Countryside Interiors who I mentioned we'd already visited.

TOM,

I looked at the photos and I LOVE your new desk "sans the chair".  You'll love it more and more as you use it.

JerryF

Thanks Jerry. If you imagine it flipped to the other side of the coach it should look very familiar  ;D

Back
Top Bottom