Dump black water without a dump station... oh joy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnshell

When we got back to the campsite from the lake, our friends told us there was no dump site.  I could not find one on the way home and was using my friend's truck to tow our popup, so I couldn't go for another hour or so to a dump station that I heard of.  Anyway, I had to empty the black water at home with a 5 gallon bucket, a few gallons at a time, and then dump it down the toilet.  I didn't want to be like those jerks that open up their lines and head down the highway.  Oh yeah, we had 4 adults and 6 kids staying in our popup.  What a way to end the weekend.  ;)

Do you have a copy of Trailer Life's campground directory?  It might help you avoid such problems in the future because each campground lists its facilities and one of the required items for them to list is a dump station.  Your solution worked but certainly not the easiest or most pleasant way!  Thank you for NOT dumping along the highway!

ArdraF

You might want to consider getting a macerator pump system such as those shown HERE.  Such a device would allow you to pump out the tank through a hose to your toilet.

My problem was that I had to get my friend's truck back come hell or black water (something like that)  ;D  I was left with no alternative but to have it fester in my tank for the next week or two.  It wasn't pleasant, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.  I know of some other dump stations, but again, I didn't have the truck fr any longer today.  I even spoke to one person that told me there WAS a dump station. I saw it on their online map of the park, but took our friends' word.

tomnshell said:
When we got back to the campsite from the lake, our friends told us there was no dump site.  I could not find one on the way home and was using my friend's truck to tow our popup, so I couldn't go for another hour or so to a dump station that I heard of.  Anyway, I had to empty the black water at home with a 5 gallon bucket, a few gallons at a time, and then dump it down the toilet.  I didn't want to be like those jerks that open up their lines and head down the highway.  Oh yeah, we had 4 adults and 6 kids staying in our popup.  What a way to end the weekend.   ;)

Are you hooked to a sewer system?  If so it is likely that somewhere in your yard is a sewer cleanout that Roto Rooter uses to clean your line from the house to the city mainline.  It will be a 3 or 4 inch tee with a plug in it.  It can be used as a dumpstation just fine.  Have some Chlorox handy for any cleanup needed.

I'd love to dump it into the septic system, but the layout of my yard would entail LOTS of piping or hoses to move anything from the driveway to the septic line.  This was the quickest way to do it.

tomnshell said:
I'd love to dump it into the septic system, but the layout of my yard would entail LOTS of piping or hoses to move anything from the driveway to the septic line.  This was the quickest way to do it.

The macerator pump would work to pump into the septic system too.

tomnshell said:

I agree with Ron, you have the perfect case for investing in a macerator pump.  CLICK HERE.

Carl,

Thanks for the "Flojet" link.  I have a run of 75'+ -  & max stated(recommended) is 50' with 3/4" hose. Could I use a larger dia. hose or is other macerator avail?? 

Thanks to all,  Kate

maddog348 said:
Carl,

Thanks for the "Flojet" link.  I have a run of 75'+ -  & max stated(recommended) is 50' with 3/4" hose. Could I use a larger dia. hose or is other macerator avail?? 

Thanks to all,   Kate

Kate:

Using a 3/4" section of PVC will usually extend the range of a macerator.

Well, some changes to the yard and the fact that we now have a truck took care of the problem of "no dump station available" yesterday.  I was able to pull right up to the septic tank, remove the 4" PVC cap and voila (or would it be "flush"?).

All's well that ends well. Just make sure you don't drive the truck over the top of the spetic tank or you will have bigger problems.
I was a witness to this happening. Not to mine thank goodness.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom